• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rust stains on garage floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust stains on garage floor

What is the best way to remove rust stains from my garage floor?? I bought a masonry and cement degreaser from Lowe's and the stain laughed at it. I have heard that toilet bowl cleaner will work? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Re: Rust stains on garage floor

Is it just a surface stain?

I wonder if you could contact the IronX folks for an idea... It certainly changes color when hits iron in the driveway...
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

First thing that comes to mind is CLR

Learn how to use CLR to clean rust stains from your concrete!ChaptersIntro: 0:00First Step: 0:07Second Step: 0:11Third Step: 0:16Fourth Step: 0:20Outro: 0:29...
      "STRIFE" aka Phil
      2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
      2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
      2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

I thought about CLR as well.

It might be a bit tricky if the stain has worked its way into the pores of the concrete (below the surface). Worth a shot though.

Or do what I did.... epoxy paint your garage floor. That will cover a multitude of sins and it's very hard wearing.
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I also heard the Barkeeper's Friend works. I just happen to have some of this on hand and will try it out this weekend. I'll try to post pictures.

Comment

So I tried the Bar Keepers Friend with no luck, but after some research I found out that toilet bowl cleaner would be my next best thing to use. Here is what I discovered.
            Before.

And after.

Comment

What brand of bowl cleaner?

TIA...

Bill

Comment

I believe it was Lysol, the gel kind.

Comment

Thanx!

Bil

Comment

I apologize for bump the old topic, but I have some interesting observations that I would like to share, maybe this will help someone in the future because once I was on the lookout for useful advice.
                    I have a 3-car garage, and at first tried the water based product sold at HD on part of the floor. It flaked off badly but I think most of that was due to poor surface preparation. The second time, 8 years later, I decided to tackle it again. This time it turned out great, well worth the $ and hours involved for DIY. To do it right (DIY) I recommend:1. Do the whole floor. If that means renting a POD and putting all the garage stuff in the driveway for a month, it's worth it.2. Degrease/scrub, rinse, acid etch/scrub, rinse very thoroughly, let dry for 2 days.3. Use solvent based epoxy https://mechanicguides.com/best-garage-floor-cleaner/ for best results, not available at HD/Lowes as far as I know, but available at Grainger and elsewhere: http://www.grainger.com/product/RUST-OL ... -Kit-1TBG4 Use a respirator and/or have really good ventilation.4. Put down 2 base coats, and one clear coat. The clear coat you can buy at HD. As you put down 2nd base coat, sprinkle with flakes then seal with clear coat the next day. Add sand (included) to clear coat before rolling it. It provides really good traction when wet. Use really good lighting with the clear coat because it's easy to miss spots.Cleaning, etching, drying, and painting 3 coats will **** the life out of you and take 5 consecutive days, (not including moving all the **** in and out) but it's worth it. After 3 years the floor cleans easily and looks amazing.Enjoy your new floorOn YouTube there are a lot of interesting videos on this topic, I will share with you, one of them, hope this will help сомеоне.Good luck

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');