• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think I Have An Addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Think I Have An Addiction

Originally posted by Top Gear View Post
    Okay, I'm starting to get interested in this rinseless wash everyone's talking about. Generally, I do the same with GC QD/QW, but QD can only do so much. It takes a strong water rinse to loosen and get the tree sap, humidity dust and condensate off, and then with a blow dry, I have a very clean surface again...for a time. So, what's the real difference between QD and RW, my fellow addicts?
    Close your eyes and imagine this:
    The mad scientists at Meguiar's invent a new car wash soap, called "blue soap". Blue soap acts just like conventional car wash soaps in that it dislodges dirt from the surface, surrounds the dirt particles with a magic lubricant so they don't scratch the paint, allowing them to be picked up by the pores and fibers of your wash cloth. You then rinse your cloth or mitt in the bucket and the dirt falls to the bottom of the bucket, below your grit guard so you don't drag it back to the next panel. The strange chemical makeup of "blue soap" doesn't make any suds, so it doesn't leave any residue on the surface that needs to be forced off with water from a hose. You just wipe it dry with a towel and you're done, leaving a clean, streak-free surface with the dirt removed and your layer of wax still intact.
    That, my friend, is a crude layman's description of a rinseless wash product.
    In my opinion, it's the most significant development in appearance care since the invention of detailing clay.

Bill

Comment

Great explanation Bill!

Bill

Comment

Thanks, BillyJack ...but how is that possibly saving me any effort or time or better protecting my finish? Sounds like more work for a quick clean than simply rinsing with a garden hose and then blowing dry (when a film of sap/dirt/humidity is the problem, not just a lone bug splat), and certainly less than spot spraying with QD and QW when most of the surface is not really dirty. If I'm getting out the buckets, man, I'm doing a full wash with lots of suds and lots of rinsing. It's freaking HOT here, too! So, the rinsing is kinda like a payoff, cooling me and the car down

Also, stephan, I wouldn't use Ultimate Wash Anywhere as it might conflict with the whole Gold Class deal I've got going on. I don't see a GC spray wash here. What do you think?

And kodeblue, QW is wax, while QD is cleaner/protectant. I use GC QD to clean "waterless wash" style, and GC QW to re-boost my wax job back to correction levels since I'd corrected with GC Carnauba Plus
        Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
        4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
        First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Welcome from a fellow addict! Rinseless washes are very cool. I do more hand washing since discovering rinseless.
          2011 Ford Mustang GT Cali Special
          2012 Kia Sorento EX

Comment

D115
            At 4 to 1 ratio for me
            I haven't washed my garage queen in like 3 or 4 months
            If you like my work please like my FB page
            https://www.facebook.com/Ultimatecardetailingoc

Comment

Originally posted by kodeblue View Post
              I tell them I do it because I am addicted to the wonderful smell of Megiuars lol.

If i could use D156 twice a week i could for the smelal alone.. but it would be a terrible waste. LOL

115 is addictive synthetic smelling, its crazy
              Christopher Brown | OCDCarCare Los Angeles - Auto Detailing Services & Training Courses
              OCDCarCare.com | FACEBOOK| Detailing Article Archive | INSTAGRAM
              2013 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, 2015 SEMA Car Crazy Corral

Comment

I wash my two cars every weekend
                My neighbors probably think im crazy drying it with a leaf blower at 5 in the morning

Never heard of this rinseless wash stuff... sounds like its probably more expensive... which is the reason i stopped using detailing spray on the daily

Comment

Originally posted by Evan.J View Post
                  My neighbors think I'm nuts when its the middle of winter and I'm outside doing a rinesless was on my vehicles.
                  I do mine in the garage in the winter, I mean I do all my rinseless washes in the garage. Just with the door closed in the winter

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');