• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leather seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather seats

Hi guys, i've been using the meguiar's cleaner and also the conditioner on my 1991 corrado leather interior. what I saw on the bright towel is that it was getting dark from something. seats weren't that dirty, car is barely in use and it is always clean inside. what I think is that it was clor from the leather (black leather).
    what do you think? is it possible? those are old seats yeah, but those products are ph balanced aren't they?

Re: Leather seats

These products are super safe and I have never had problems with them. I have also heard from a few others that they perform excellent on uncoated and coated leather. My thought would be that it is just grime hidden by the black seat. I don't think you would be getting color transfer unless you are scrubbing really aggressively.
    I always try to keep my seats clean, but leather always seems to pick up lots of grime even when I'm careful about it.

If you have pictures of what it looks like they might be helpful in identifying the cause.

Very cool to have someone on the forum from Israel!

Comment

From experience the Meguiar's leather cleaner and conditioner works great. I can scrub my leather seat with APC+ until the towel looks clean and then I will use the leather cleaner and pick up more dirt/grime onto the towel. I just think the leather cleaner will clean what you can't see with the naked eye. That's what it's specifically made for is to clean leather.

Comment

Most leathers are coated with a protective film and considering the age of the car, my guess is that possibly the coating has failed to some degree and there are some dye transfer from the leather.
        2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');