• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harbor Freight Chicago Electric Platinum 6" Variable Speed Dual Action Polisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbor Freight Chicago Electric Platinum 6" Variable Speed Dual Action Polisher

Harbor Freight is now offering it's own Chicago branded DA (Harbor Freight Chicago Electric Platinum 6" Variable Speed Dual Action Polisher)

This is the first time I've seen this polisher offered by HF. For years, Harbor Freight has sold low end rotary polishers, but never a dual action polisher. Price is $60 (off "regular retail" of $120)

A coupon knocks another $5 off the price.

• 5.7 amp dual action polisher
    • Two-way action random orbit pattern
    • 6 variable speed settings
    • Dual-action random orbit
    • 2000-6400 OPM
    • Two position side handle
    • Hook and loop pad attachment
    • Comes with 6" backing pad, side handle, spindle wrench, carbon brushes

I wouldn't recommend this over other DA's like the G110v2 or the Rupes, but it's not bad for an entry level or 2nd polisher

Re: Harbor Freight Chicago Electric Platinum 6" Variable Speed Dual Action Polisher

Had one for 10 months now.
    So far so good except the backing plate that it comes with is subpar.

Oh... get ear plugs. After extended use, your ears will be ringing.
    2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

Re: Harbor Freight Chicago Electric Platinum 6" Variable Speed Dual Action Polisher

Just got the email with the coupon for $54.99. Some stores will let you use the 25% off coupon with it.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Made in China?
        Art Layton
        2009 Jetta TDI

Comment

Originally posted by DogParkGuy View Post
          Made in China?
          Yep. Chicago and Pittsburgh are the two main tool brands sold by HF, but the tools are manufactured in China. Coincidentally, the Meguiars G110v2 is also manufactured in China, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

I got this one a few weeks back and it worked pretty good. I took the handle off for better manipulation of the tool. The on/off switch placement could be better. With the coupons HF mails out I got the DA and 2 pads for $55. I also got a free mini flashlight.

Comment

So far I've basically heard nothing but good reviews about it other than the crappy backing plate. A Harbor Freight is just opening down the street from me and I can't wait to go get one of my own. There is a handful of videos on it and there is a HUGE thread over on either autogeek or autopia I can't remember. But people are saying they're getting like hundreds of hours out of it without a hiccup. Plus for I think $9 you can get a 2-yr warranty on it as well. People say it's more powerful than the PC but less powerful than the Griot's...sounds like a great deal for $60 or so...

Comment

There is a post on Autogeekonline.net about this polisher.
                It is good machine:
                Originally Posted by jbjwallace If you buy one I suggest that you buy a good 5'backing plate to use with it. If you buy any pads from HF they Wil

Use a 5" backing plate for it.
                Dennis
                Nissan Fuga | 日產 風雅 | 日産 フーガ

Comment

Screw?

So... I just bought one; I absolutely love it, I just had one issue, the black nylon screw that holds the red plastic cover on has stripped itself out.

Anyone know the type of/ thread type of screw so that I can replace it with a metal one?

Thanks!
                  --
                  Frank Kecseti
                  Detailing Hobbyist

Comment

I have my rotary, my PC and my Griot's.
                    My PC is setup for 4 inch pads , my GG6 is setup with a 5.5 inch pad, my rotary has an 8 inch wool pad.
                    With reading such good reviews of the HF model I'll buy one and set it up to use my 3 inch pads, I'll get the correct BP.
                    Right now I use my drill when using the 3 inch pads, really comes in handy for those tight, small areas.

So having a machine to do anything that may come my way will make it much easier, I'll never have to switch BP's.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');