• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PlastX where it shouldn't be...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PlastX where it shouldn't be...

I was keeping my car care products in the back seat of the Mustang to keep them easily accessible and I end up paying the price. A bottle of PlastX leaked onto the cloth seats leaving a white mess and it doesn't seem to want to come out. Any suggestions for getting the PlastX off/out of the seats?

Re: PlastX where it shouldn't be...

I would think some APC or upholstery cleaner, a brush, and a hot water extractor would work.

Comment

yea, don't put chemicals on your seats.
      A plastic tub in the trunk only.

if it's stained/bleached/degraded then nothing will help remove it.
      You'll have to deal with the damage so replaced the covering at your local upholstery shop or seat covers.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by DRaider90 View Post
        ...leaving a white mess and it doesn't seem to want to come out.
        What have you tried so far?

Comment

Hot water, foaming upholstery cleaner (some cheap walmart stuff I had laying around), and scrubbing like crazy. I have had ideas about using other products but I don't want to accidentally cause more damage making the problem worse. So any advice appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');