• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headlight Protectant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight Protectant

How often should you use it? My headlights are nice and clear and I'd like to keep them that way. I should add that the car is in the garage when I'm not driving it so sun exposure is minimal.

Saw comment about using painter's tape to protect the paint while working on headlights. A question popped into my mind wondering if the blue painter's tape would remove wax when you peeled the tape off. Just a dumb question.

Re: Headlight Protectant

As often as you wax the car IMO.

Actually I just use the same wax / sealant as I put on the rest of the car...
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I agree.

Same paint cleaners on the headlights as well....
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I doubt the painters tape could remove wax or sealant... although I would make it a point to not leave on the car for an extended period of time. Worked in paint retail for years and can't tell you how many times people complained or had issues with paint coming loose and bonding to the tape when they peel it off.

Just use it and lose it! You'll be good!
        Everybody digs a nice clean car.

Comment

Use headlight protection film for protect the car's headlight, clearmask protect the car from road damage.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');