• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opps accidentally created WaterSpots??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opps accidentally created WaterSpots??

I was going to try to tackle this with Ultimate Polish then wipe down with a IPA.

I know IPa is alcohol. What percentage alcohol do I need to get to wipe over my paint??

Re: Opps accidentally created WaterSpots??

Why are you thinking of an IPA wipedown? This is not routinely performed.
    2018 Acura RLX Tech - Majestic Black Pearl

Comment

I think he is saying alcohol to remove any polish residue before he applies a wax or sealant.

Comment

I don't see a need to do an IPA wipe down after polishing unless you want to check defect removal after a compound and polish, or prepping for a mfr recommended process to apply their LSP.

Anyhow, 70% isopropyl is common in supermarkets typically diluted with water to a 15-25% isopropyl solution.
        2018 Acura RLX Tech - Majestic Black Pearl

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't use an IPA wipe down either I just think that's what he is talking about using it for.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan View Post
            I don't see a need to do an IPA wipe down after polishing unless you want to check defect removal after a compound and polish, or prepping for a mfr recommended process to apply their LSP.

Anyhow, 70% isopropyl is common in supermarkets typically diluted with water to a 15-25% isopropyl solution.
            I want to make sure I removed the water spots

Comment

IPA wont do a thing on etched water spots.

However, for wax purposes, I would like to note that IPA wipe down may be necessary depending the LSP.
              If the LSP is a Meg's then there is no need. If another brand, should check with them to see if IPA would be needed.
              2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');