• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much UV Protection in NXT Tech Protectant vs. Cockpit Shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much UV Protection in NXT Tech Protectant vs. Cockpit Shine

I went to Wal-Mart today and saw the "NXT Cockpit Shine", no "NXT Tech Protectant".

What is the difference between the two, and which provides the best sun-blocking ability?

My cars stay in the sun most of the time, and I want as much sun protection for the interior, and exterior, as I can get.

Does the NXT Tech Wax contain sun-blocking ingredients for the exterior?

Thanks in advance!

Re: NXT Tech Protectant vs. Cockpit Shine

Originally posted by adreed24
    I went to Wal-Mart today and saw the "NXT Cockpit Shine", no "NXT Tech Protectant".

What is the difference between the two, and which provides the best sun-blocking ability?

My cars stay in the sun most of the time, and I want as much sun protection for the interior, and exterior, as I can get.

Does the NXT Tech Wax contain sun-blocking ingredients for the exterior?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi adreed24,

The NXT Cockpit Shine is merely a label change for the NXT Tech Protectant, they are the same formula, the only difference is the label. This product provides the maximum protection from UV rays. The next best thing would be one of those shields that rest against the inside of the windshield.

All Meguiar's waxes contain UV inhibitors, but the most important thing you can do to insure your car's paint color is protected from UV rays is to take care of the clear coat with frequent maintenance, (if it's a daily driver exposed to the outdoors). Don't be fooled by products that try to equate the UV protection they offer as though they were some type of sun protection for your skin, the technology for these two completely different surfaces, (car paint and your skin), have nothing to do with each other.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

thank you for the answer to this question - i'd noticed and wondered if there was any difference between the two products -so i went out and bought all the nxt tech protectant (4 bottles) i could find --

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');