• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dedicated wheel wax or same as for paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dedicated wheel wax or same as for paint

I was wondering if anyone can help I have been kicking the idea around for awhile of buying a dedicated wheel wax or glaze. does anyone know if any of those products have any significant benefits over just applying ulw or another quality paint sealant or wax to your rims? I have only used wax a few times a paint wax I have never used a wheel wax. a few I have seen were coalinite metal wax, wheel wax and wolfs nano wheel protectant. thanks in advance and any and all advise or feedback is welcome

What kind of wheels do you have? Painted, chrome, matte etc?

You don't need a dedicated wheel wax. Give them a good cleaning, clay polish and seal with a good sealant like ULW, UPW, Duragloss or Collonite. For the ultimate protection go with a coating.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
    "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Re: dedicated wheel wax or same as for paint

Originally posted by Meticulous-Detail View Post
      What kind of wheels do you have? Painted, chrome, matte etc?

You don't need a dedicated wheel wax. Give them a good cleaning, clay polish and seal with a good sealant like ULW, UPW, Duragloss or Collonite. For the ultimate protection go with a coating.
      thanks but what do u mean a coating? you mean like bdb?

Comment

Opticoat, 22ple, Nanolex, G-technique etc are all coatings. They are very durable and protect for years not months.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
        "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

I see. yes well I ordered one from autogeek.net detailers wheel coating and also one for glass by the same company. I will let you know how it turns out and thanks for the advice man

Comment

I tried Wheel Wax a few years ago and I did not see much improvement over regular waxes (or sealants).
            I do wax my wheels everytime I wax my car. I hate this step because of the double-spoke wheels. I have no choice because of the heavy brake dusts from Mercedes.

Comment

Originally posted by mis3 View Post
              I tried Wheel Wax a few years ago and I did not see much improvement over regular waxes (or sealants).
              I do wax my wheels everytime I wax my car. I hate this step because of the double-spoke wheels. I have no choice because of the heavy brake dusts from Mercedes.
              You should try the brake dust barrier meguiar's offers. It helps with brake dust removal.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                You should try the brake dust barrier meguiar's offers. It helps with brake dust removal.
                I have no problem to remove brake dusts becsuse of the wax. I just wipe the wheels with my wash mitt when I wash my car.
                I would be happy if there is a product to repel brake dust.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');