• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backing Pad for Harbor Freight DA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backing Pad for Harbor Freight DA

Hey guys,

Love the forum I have learned a ton from reading up, I have been cleaning my 07 Tahoe by long handle car brush and now I can see tons of swirl marks, dont know if it's from that or not, but needless to say I grabbed a Harbor Freight DA read some good reviews and for the price I figured why not. Now I know I'm supposed to get a 5 inch backing pad and don't know which one is the best, planning on using Buff and Shine pads as they seem to be the best and easiest to use for a noob like me. I plan on using the Meguiars Ultimate compound, Ultimate Polish, and the Ultimate Liquid wax, after a wash and clay. Any help would be awesome in pointing me in the right direction, thanks in advance

Re: Backing Pad for Harbor Freight DA

I use this one.
    Dual-Action Hook & Loop Flexible Backing Plate 5" - 5 inch molded urethane backing plate for excellent flexibility and balance by Lake Country MFG. If German car makers think this backing plate is good enough to use on their top-of-the-line ...
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

hey Guz what pads you using?

Comment

I posted this in your other thread as well.

But I use 5.5 inch lake country flat pads. You can get a 6 pack of these for $35 over at autogeek. I use orange (compounding), white (polishing) and black (wax/sealant). I have used UC, UP and UW with these pads before with good results.

Lake Country 5 1/2 Inch Flat Pads 6 Pack - Your Choice! - Build your own perfect pad kit! Select six Lake Country 5 1/2 x 7/8 inch Flat Pads in the colors of your choice. You know what pads you need better than anyone. Customize your own pad kit ...
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

biggROC85:

This is the one, I mentioned on your other thread, that I use: Meguiar's W67DA Dual Action Backing Plate
          With this backing plate on my HF DAP, I use the 6.5" W7006/W8006/W9006 pads:
          W7006 = ULT. COMPOUND
          W8006 = ULT. POLISH
          W9006 = ULT. L. Wax

Hope this helps.

--
          Frank Kecseti
          Detailing Hobbyist

Comment

Ok thanks guys, I think I'm going to run with the buff and shine backing 5" and pads 5.5. They have a sale on buying 6 pads, should I get 2 orange, 2 white and 2 black. Or just forget the black and just get three of each and just wax by hand?

Comment

I'm not familiar enough with their polishing pads and the difference between the white, blue and green. Hopefully someone else chimes in on them. As far as the wax pad, I have a couple of black ones from lake country and I only used one of them twice. Most of the time I apply wax/sealant by hand especially with ultimate wax which dries fairly quick.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');