• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check out how this guy cleans interiors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out how this guy cleans interiors

I'm not going to be negative but I just want to know what everyone thinks about this. Please reply and give me your opinions. I have an entire different process for interiors. Would you, or do you ever use this method?

Part 2WebsitesTHE STUDIO http://thesmdstudio.tkSCOTTYS MOBILE DETAILINGhttp://scottysmobiledetailing.com/Main YouTube ChannelSCOTTYS DETAILhttp://www.youtube...

Re: Check out how this guy cleans interiors

He also has Part 1 of the video and a Part 3

Comment

Wow...
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I'd have to agree with you SwumMurrieta; I wouldn't want to say anything negative either, but I do know that if I saw him taking a pressure washer to my interior... I'd be royally peeved.
        --
        Frank Kecseti
        Detailing Hobbyist

Comment

You could see that the vehicle wasn't fully vacuumed and there were still some personal belongings inside the car. I could see using a steamer on and interior but not a pressure washer.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
          "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

ummm... I could see using that method... in my bathroom but not on my car
            btw... on some cars, underneath the passenger front footwell, right underneath the carpets... that's where the car computer is.
            2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

Some 3000 cars like that! You have got to be kidding me. If that was my car I would go nuts.
              Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
              Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
              Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

I'll take some of this guy's energy. Seems to still be in business and has 348 videos on YouTube.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                David

Comment

Exactly what I was thinking about the electronics under the carpets and seats. He taped the amp with masking tape and a microfiber towel and said it was waterproof in video part 1. I was just shocked that he had so many videos and customers. That's why I didn't want to be negative because obviously they like him for a reason. I watched some of the other videos like how to restore plastic. I think he just sprayed a large amount of dressing and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Like I said, he must be doing something right.

Comment

Yeah, that's insane.

Comment

He's a hack that's just cutting corners. I have used a pressure washer on carpets, but not without removing the carpet first. Nylon automotive carpets with the vinyl backing are tough and pressure washing is just as effective as he says, but the only reason he's not unbolting the seats, sill trim and pulling the carpet out is to save time. What I do if I'm not pulling the carpet, is just use compressed air. I use a high-capacity air compressor and blow gun. You need a minimum of 10 cfm at 90psi to keep up, and about twice that for 100% duty-cycle. But compressed air is great for blowing out upholstery, carpets, dash, consoles, and door trim. It will often blow stuff loose that a vacuum won't get without brushing and rubbing. I usually vacuum loose dirt first to minimize blowing dust, then blow it out, and finish vacuuming what got blown loose by not quite out the door. Then wipe down hard surfaces and dress vinyl, leather etc.

Compressed air is also the best method to dry the outside of a car or motorcycle. Blowers (shop vac or leaf blowers) are effective for much less investment, but high-volume compressed air is the best if you can afford the source. I use an engine powered compressor now, but I'd like an electric. My house doesn't have 3-phase power, but if I was equipping a shop, I'd get one of those rotary screw type compressors. The typhoon blow guns are good.

Comment

Are you sure this isn't some kind of JOKE!!

And then this one?
                        This bad boy! sure needed some paint love, and love is what it gets in this clip you can see 31 years of dirt and grime fade away in just 6:35 min.
                        ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
                        You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
                        Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

I'm just a noob but even my 6 year old niece knows more than these people in how to clay, cut, polish, wax. And if ur gonna make a video why not bust out the good pads unless that was his good equipment. My god people!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');