• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gloss black wheel cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloss black wheel cleaner

. I got my wheels gloss black. For whatever reason I dunno if its the soap or cleaners I used on the wheels. But now I have these white water mark spots and some streaks that don't wanna go away. I did a search and they said that using some wheel cleaners can do damage bc of the chemicals. Their arent many wheel cleaners for gloss wheels. So I'm not sure what to use. Tried taking out streaks etc but nothing is working

Re: Gloss black wheel cleaner

For painted wheels, a paint cleaner like Swirlx or Ult Compound would be the thing to try for defect removal.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Soap and water is all you need to clean the wheels. I stopped using wheel cleaners years ago. And I've saved money since.

Comment

Re: Gloss black wheel cleaner

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        For painted wheels, a paint cleaner like Swirlx or Ult Compound would be the thing to try for defect removal.
        Murr is right. I have gloss black wheels that are clear coated. There was one time I used turtle wax platinum wheel and tire cleaner and it left a haze on only one wheel. It was due to me using it in hot weather. I ended up using ultimate compound to remove the hazing and followed by wax. The last time I did this to clean up the wheels I ended up sealing the wheels with brake dust barrier. I use D143 wheel and tire cleaner (hot rims all wheel cleaner) with no issues on my gloss black wheels even before I used brake dust barrier on them.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Hot Rims All Wheel and Tire is the go to for my gloss black and clear coated rims. I tried everything from Mother's toy Sonax F.E. Megs is the only one that gets them looking squeaky clean. I usually follow up with a layer of ULW and UQW every car wash after.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');