• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xtra Cut Microfiber Discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Xtra Cut Microfiber Discs

As a huge fan of the DA MF system, this has just shot to the top of my "Want" list.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioCarBuff View Post
      I notice these pads say "best for flat areas", if were buffing a car with a lot of curves etc, is it best to just use the regular cutting discs then?
      See post #15 from Mr Stoops. Just need to exercise caution

Comment

I was curious about the cutting and finishing discs (DMC6 and DMF6) that come in the Meguiars DA Microfiber Correction System: what foam discs do these relate to? For instance, would the cutting disc, DMC6, be considered the same as an orange (or yellow) Lake Country disc ? And would the DMF6 be equivalent to the Lake Country grey (or maybe white)?

Just wondering how microfiber pads relate and which foam pads are their counterparts (if at all). Since I have both now, want to know how to use the tools in my toolbox!

Comment

There are no equivalent foam pads to MF pads. MF has far more cut, so cannot compare the two.

*edit* maybe a MF finishing pad may have a similar level of cut to one of the more aggressive foam pads, but I've never heard the two being compared, nor am I sure why you'd want to.
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');