• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DUB Line - Developed by Meguiar's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DUB Line - Developed by Meguiar's

Originally posted by tguil View Post
    Even though I have had 20's on my last three Ram pickups, I don't think the DUB Line is for me. I am far from "urban and young" and live in a chunk of native prairie in Nebraska. When is Meguiar's going to team up with the Farm Bureau.

I wanted to post something similar to that, but just wasn't sure how to word it so I wouldn't get banned.

It's defiantly not targeted to me that's for sure. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
      That product is one of several on the market utilizing a specific ingredient that reacts with iron and provides the color changing effect - and that oh so wonderful aroma (NOT!). This new DUB wheel cleaner behaves in the very same way, is safe on all wheel surfaces, but we've managed to tone down (to some degree at least) that characteristic aroma.
      Will it still change color on carbon-ceramic brake dust?

I was hoping to pick up an F12 before the next TNOG and would hate to miss out on the fun.

Comment

…. I'm too darn old and loyal to be banned. Been using Meguiar's products exclusively (except for ONR ) since the early 1970's.

Tom

Comment

So I gotta ask, any way we will see a bulk packaged version of the color changing wheel cleaner for the Detailer line. That would be amazingly affordable.

Comment

maybe im the halfway guy I have 20s in the back and 18s in the front...maybe i will buy half their products to test out.

Comment

For those of you who are curious about the wheel cleaner. This was posted on maguiar's facebook page.
              DUB Magazine covers urban custom car culture, celebrity features, events and more. Check out the incredible cars we feature.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by SwunMurrieta View Post
                I am suddenly craving a fruit smoothie.
                LOL, Me to buddy!!!!!
                ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
                You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
                Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Originally posted by tguil View Post
                  Even though I have had 20's on my last three Ram pickups, I don't think the DUB Line is for me. I am far from "urban and young" and live in a chunk of native prairie in Nebraska. When is Meguiar's going to team up with the Farm Bureau.
                  That's funny tguil!!!
                  ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
                  You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
                  Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

I saw these bottles for the 1st time yesterday and for the price it'd be good to give to my little bro so he can add some kind of wax to his CTS. But the lack of hydrophobic makes me want to just get him the UQW instead.. But the "DUB" will seem cooler and more appealling to him which will lead to him actually using it;p

The OCD in me will most likely clay, UP, and properly wax it the traditional way for him. Lol.

But he needs to at least quik wax. I washed his car for fun last week and seeing zero beading & water sheeting almost felt like a crime.

Comment

Looks like walmart has reset their shelves for new products and i saw most of these there last night.

Comment

I recently picked up the wheel cleaner. D143 is usually my goto wheel cleaner. I had a chance to try out the wheel cleaner today. It had been about 2 weeks since I last washed my daily driver and figured this would be a good test for the wheel cleaner.
                        My thoughts:

It is neon green in color and changed to reddish/purple.
                        It took about 1-2 min for me to start seeing a color change within the barrels, calipers and the rotors themselves. I did not see a drastic color change on the lip of my wheels or on the spokes.
                        For real light brake dust this would work great as a spray and rinse. But if your wheels have a good layer of built up brake dust, such as mine, you will need to agitate the wheels with a brush.
                        The smell is pretty strong. It is supposed to be masked in I believe pina colada. But I noticed the smell to linger around a little. Not a deal breaker.
                        The bottle sprays out just enough product to use it multiple times. Not too much foam like hot rims all wheel cleaner. I did all 4 wheels and I still have about 1/2 -3/4's remaining.

Overall it worked great to remove brake dust. It makes it a nice maintenance wheel cleaner until a new tire dressing is to be applied since this only cleans wheels and not tires. I would not mind seeing this offered in the detailer line.

I recommend it and I would buy this again.
                        99 Grand Prix
                        02 Camaro SS

Comment

I did a full on test with the Dub wheel cleaner with pics, with some time I should have a full review posted tomorrow. Included will be a review of the new Ultimate Black Tire Coating

Comment

I'm going to pick up the Dub Tire Shine once I run out of my current stuff. I hear it shines like crazy.

Comment

Coming to Canada ??

Comment

Very cool! The Dub Wheel Cleaner is another option to those who like the Sonax Wheel Cleaner and not only is it less expensive, but being able to find it OTC is a big plus.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');