Ultimate Black Sponges - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Black Sponges

Re: Ultimate Black Sponges

Saw these at my local pep boys. A little cheaper price than online which is a good thing.

[IMG][/IMG]I applied it onto my Lexus ES300, although the only before/after photo I have is this, and that the surface was a shiny painted surface, I went ahead and applied it on it anyway, but only on the passenger's side and on all the rubber and plastic trim surfaces of the car, it is still darker black after 3 weeks since the day I applied it. The only issue is that it looks like as if it was dull again due to the pollen and dirt attaching onto the surface again.

I also did end up buying a bottle of the item and reusing the sponges for application purpose.

I bought the sponges. Haven't tried them yet. I do use the bottle but I think the plastic below my windshield is to far gone. I apply it a couple times and not a real big improvement.
    Don't get caught riding dirty!

I was at Pep Boys picking up a few things when I saw these on a display near the checkout.. For only $2.99 I figured why not give em a try on my fathers Toyota Tacoma. Anyone who has a similar truck knows there's alot of plastic trim, but if left uncared for it can really drag down the appearance of the vehicle.

Ever since they bought this truck used it's had this dull, horrible gray looking plastic trim, making it look much older than it actually is.

I taped off a small portion of the trim to test before/after Ultimate Black Sponge. It's been almost 2 weeks since I applied. 2 weeks! Check it out! These little sponges provide one heck of a bang for the buck.

Just 1 sponge did all the trim on his truck and made such a big difference in the overall appearance of it. It looks so much newer now. No more dull gray everywhere.. With that same sponge I even did most of the trim on their Trailblazer, and it even had enough juice left in it for me to take it under the hood and touch up all the plastic in my engine bay! It's been 2 weeks and still looks great. For $2.99 these sponges Rock!

In the 2nd pic^ you can see the difference from where it was applied [around the turning light] compared to where it wasn't [ bottom right piece of bumper]

It was dark out, and I accidently skipped that bottom part of the bumper.

That still looks great for two weeks later!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

That looks much better. I have been testing out ultimate black on the cowl of my daily. It's been 6 weeks and it still holding up good even after a few washes. Should last a while on that truck as long as you prepped the surface with some thorough cleaning.

Funny thing is, the only thing I used to prep the surface was an old sock! Lol.

I had washed the truck about 4 days prior. I figured the least I could do is get any surface dust off before applying it. My dad was blown away when I showed him how good it looked the next day.

Both of their vehicles have become great guinea pigs for me to gain more experience with my DA. Plus it doesn't get much better than being able to do something nice and unexpected for my folks

So far I've corrected the hood and the whole drivers side of that Tacoma. The hood needed UC, but UP on a White LC pad was all I needed to remove the oxidation from the vertical panels [drivers side]
    So currently, 1 side of that truck has perfect reflections while the other side wont even reflect a strong led light. Slowly but surely I'm making that truck look brand new

Thx Meguiars!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information