• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Product shelf life, specifically sprayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product shelf life, specifically sprayers

I was wondering about the shelf life of product sprayers. I have some products, that over time, the sprayers no longer work. I have a couple of my wheel cleaners where the sprayer has stopped functioning, and then just now I tried the odor eliminator and it wouldn't spray either. Some of my other sprayers that I purchased for my spray bottles (for instance my APC+ bottles) stopped working as well. They sit in my garage, and honestly don't get used often. Temperatures in the summers can be easily over 100, and in the winter in the 30's. Should I not expect the sprayers to still be working, or is this normal?
    www.reflectionsautodetailing.biz

Re: Product shelf life, specifically sprayers

Could just be dried product, and you need to clean them out.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I noticed my sprayer I use on my bottles of wheel brightener stopped working properly after a few weeks of use, I started to flush them out with clean water after each use and never had any issues.
      These were the standard cheap white sprayers. I make it a practice to flush out my sprayers/bottles of APC/APC+/Super degreaser, and D143....and none have given me any issues

I have since purchased the chemical resistant grey sprayers, but still flush out after each use, no issues.

Like a toilet, flush it when done
      "STRIFE" aka Phil
      2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
      2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
      2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

you have to get chemical resistant sprayers

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
        X