• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protecting new C7 Corvette floor mats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protecting new C7 Corvette floor mats

A friend of mine just got a 2014 Corvette. He also just recieved from the dealer his Stingray floormats. He would like to apply something to the mats to protect them long term from dirt. Any suggestions? Scotchgard?
    -Bob
    NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Re: Protecting new C7 Corvette floor mats

They are fabric floormats?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Yes, they are fabric
      -Bob

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Remove them and replace with something else. When he is selling, put the fabric mats back in.
        Art Layton
        2009 Jetta TDI

Comment

He actually wants to use and enjoy them while he has the car.
          -Bob

Comment

If you are looking for a fabric sealant, I cannot think of a Meguiar's Product that fits the bill. My first suggestion would be Scotchgard. But I have heard good things about the Smart Fabric from Gtechniq, it's supposedly lasts longer than Scotchgard.

The best way to keep them looking their new will always be a regular cleaning and vacuuming.

Your friend is so lucky to have such an awesome car, hope he loves it!

Comment

I bought a pair of black bathroom mats from Target to lay over my custom floormats. They look like thick towels and cover the floor mats almost perfectly. Really easy to pull them out to shake out dirt or throw into the washer.

The one on the driver's side protects the fabric floor mat for everyday driving; heel wear, matting, and tracking in dirt or water. I only cover half of the floormat closest to my heel. I throw the other one on the passenger side only when I have a passenger and it looks like rain.

Comment

Buy a second set.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
                "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

I have a Buick Lacrosse with light colored carpeting. I bought hand towels...not bath towel size...that match the carpet color. I lay them over the floormat and tuck the sides under the car's mat. They stay in place and when they get dirty toss them in the wash. After a while, the driver's side towel will get worn and frayed, it becomes a rag and I replace it. towels are cheap.
                  Barry

Comment

When adding a second set of mats, please remember Toyota and the stuck accelerators.

I've used 303 brand products on fabric. Got them at a store in a marina.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    David

Comment

Yes Coastguard would work.
                      I use 303 water repellent and fabric protector for convertible tops on my higher end cars floor mats.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');