• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car interior cloth seat protectant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car interior cloth seat protectant?

Is there a product that I can spray that's kind of a stain/water repellent to keep my brand new cream colored cloth seats protected from dirt, water, light spills, etc? Thanks!

Re: Car interior cloth seat protectant?

There are quite a few, I do not believe Meguiar's makes any. Lots of people like Scotchgard and a company called Gtechniq makes a fabric sealant. They both should perform exactly as you asked.

Comment

huh; I was searching the forum today for the same purpose (have light-colored cloth-covered windshield pillars.....) and wondered what Meguiars has for that....
      For the record, Meguiar's is owned by 3M, and "Scotchguard" is a 3M trademark, used in lots of 3M products for easy-release of spills on fabric or leather...
      I'll keep looking in the product line and blogs; gotta be something for cloth seats that doubles for use on cloth-covered pillars and such. Not EVERYONE has leather seats.....

Comment

Hi, I use to valet for a car dealership and we use to use autoglym lifeshine. The kit consisted of a 3 stage appliance. No.1 was a spray that was sprayed over the carpets and cloth seats left to dry which then acted as a scotchgaurd protectant against any spills. This can also be applied to leather seats. Just spray onto a small sponge and rub onto leather and leave to dry. If you look on the auction site ebay you can buy this bottle separate. I highly recommend it as being a great product.

Comment

I have scotchgaurd on my floor mats and carpet. Seems to do the job very well.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

I'll keep looking in the product line and blogs; gotta be something for cloth seats that doubles for use on cloth-covered pillars and such.
            propecia pishop.de

Comment

Originally posted by germany View Post
              I'll keep looking in the product line and blogs; gotta be something for cloth seats that doubles for use on cloth-covered pillars and such.
              Scotch guard can be used just fine on cloth pillar trim as well.

I've had good luck with 303 Fabric Guard. Next on my list of things to try is CarPro Cquartz Fabric Coating.

Comment

I use Scotch guard and think it works good but I put on all my vehicles so do not have any side by side comparison.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');