• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Polish: how to apply with DA, cure time, interaction with QD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Polish: how to apply with DA, cure time, interaction with QD

Hi
    I have some simple questions regarding ultimate polish:

1. How do you apply this with DA Polisher ? Is it the same way as Ultimate Compound (e.g. from the D/A Buffing 101 post:
    Continue working the product in these overlapping passes until it becomes just a very thin film on the surface. Continue working the product in these overlapping passes until it becomes just a very thin film on the surface. Don’t allow the product to dry out, however, as dry buffing usually leads to marring of the surface due to loss of lubricity. You can usually see that the product is still wet, or you can quickly run your finger through the film immediately following the pad. If it’s getting dry it’s time to stop. If it’s almost gone, it’s time to stop.
    2. Is there anytime to wait, e.g. "cure time" before applyting Ultimate Wax, or is immediately the best ?

3. If I have to wait before applying UW (e.g. I am running out of time, etc), and then come back the next day or so to apply wax while the car is kept in the garage in the meantime, I am thinking to wipe it with QD first to remove any dust that may have settle on the surface. Would that have deleterious effect on the polish, i.e. by removing polishing oil, or is QD safe for Ult.Polish ?

Thank you

Re: Ultimate Polish: how to apply with DA, cure time, interaction with QD

1. More or less, though the UP will already be a thinner product.

2. Anytime is fine.

3. Yes, that is a good idea.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');