• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All-Surface Interior Brush X-1000 ~ Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-Surface Interior Brush X-1000 ~ Review

Here is a review on the All-Surface Interior Brush.

First Impressions:
    The bristles are rather stiff never having used a interior brush before I wasn't to sure what to expect. There are two types of bristle Gold for anything even leather and yellow for deep cleaning.

Once I opened the package I noticed the handle to have a near perfect shape for my hand, very comfortable.

Application/Use:
    After a good vacuum, I used it with Heavy Duty Carpet & Interior Cleaner on a 97 Monte Carlo. I cleaned the floor mats as well as the floor of the car and some dirty areas on the seats.

I have also used it on some spots in my trucks floor and "suede" seats.

Overall Impression:
    When you use the brush it doesn't take much pressure to scrub the carpet, to much pressure and the brush wants to grab. It worked very well on the floor mats and the floor of the car both areas are a deeper nap, same as any automotive carpet.

The brush seemed to pull the embedded sand and lock it in the bristles of the brush, I didn't see this until I rinsed the brush and noticed the sand washing out... I was really surprised by this!

Then on to the seats, they are a thinner smooth material. With light pressure on the gold bristles it worked very well here to. On thinner material it takes very little pressure to do the job. To much pressure it wants to grab the thin material.

Its fun to hold even when you are not using it! The handle has very good grip even when wet and will allow you to "dig in" and do some deep cleaning.

At 5.99 the brush seems reasonable, in fact I bought one prior to the review sample. Very helpful little tool, looks like it will last the test of time.

I used the brush on my L's carpet earlier.

It take a little getting use to (how much pressure you should apply even with that I still give it two

Brandon
    Last edited by gb387; May 11, 2005, 02:40 PM.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

I just bought this brush today to do a full interior detail. I was impressed with its design and function. The pros for me were that it has good bite without tearing at the nap of the carpet. It is very durable and holds detergent well. The cons are that alotough the degign is good, I found the grip of the handle to be a bit large (and I have a fairly large hand). I also found the grip to bcarpet e very slippery while using a carpet shampoo. Maybe if the handle was designed with finger indentations then it would be more manageable. I just put an old terry towel inbetween my hand aqnd the brush and the grip was greatly improved. I will definately say that this is a keeper and will make life much easier for interior cleaning.

Comment

Haven't used mine yet, but it feels a lot stiffer than I thought it would. So I am a little hesitant to use it on my leather -- probably just stick to carpet.

Slats
      -------------
      John 17:3
      -------------

Comment

I bought 2 of these brushes last week.....One for the cars and one for the house.

Haven't had a chance to test them much yet, but I did manage to make a small modfication to one of them. I got curious about the little end cap that's glued on, so I decided to pry it loose.

Inside the brush is a place for attaching a brush handle which fit very well! So now I can use this brush with or without a handle! The end cap fit back on nice and snug, so I don't think it is going to come off accidentally.

Maybe they all will do this.....But as they say, your mileage may vary.
        r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
          I bought 2 of these brushes last week.....One for the cars and one for the house.

Haven't had a chance to test them much yet, but I did manage to make a small modfication to one of them. I got curious about the little end cap that's glued on, so I decided to pry it loose.

Inside the brush is a place for attaching a brush handle which fit very well! So now I can use this brush with or without a handle! The end cap fit back on nice and snug, so I don't think it is going to come off accidentally.

But as they say, your mileage may vary.
          You know... I was wondering about that. I have two as well, I may have to give that a try.

Another thing I noticed with the two that I have... one the little cap has a rubber band on it to match the rest of the brush, the other is just black plastic (like the one in the photo above).
          Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
            Another thing I noticed with the two that I have... one the little cap has a rubber band on it to match the rest of the brush, the other is just black plastic (like the one in the photo above).
            I saw that in your picture above.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It didn't take much effort on my part to remove the cap (Removed it with my finger nails), but I could see where it had been glued on in two places.

In general, I think all of these brushes (At least the ones I've tried) are good buys indeed. My biggest vice though is the tough plastic packaging that they come in. That stuff is sharp enough to cut a person's hand pretty bad if you're not careful with it.

But you see that kind of packaging on a lot of products now-a-days. I suppose it's designed to discourage people from opening the package in the store, and to make it harder for shoplifters too.
            r. b.

Comment

Had a chance to use this brush today. Took my sick tom cat to the vet this afternoon, but he had a wetting accident in his cardboard carry-all container before we arrived at the place, and some of his urine had leaked onto the carpet and left a pretty bad smell.

Later on I decided to give the new interior brush a try along with Meg's Heavy Duty Carpet Cleaner, a bucket of water, and a rag before the smell had a chance to permeate into the rest of the car.

After a few quick shots of cleaner, I dipped the brush into the water and started scrubbing. Initially, I was thinking that the bristles might be too stiff to do any good, but to my suprise the brush did an excellent job of spreading the cleaner all around my work area......The brush really digs down deep into the nap too.

I finished up by wiping the area with the rag, rinsing it out and rewiping the area several times. This is a good way to remove loosened up soil from the fibers before the carpet dries.

Didn't have much trouble with the brush slipping out of my hand, but I decided to try it out with the short handle that came with the tire brush to see how well it would work. Too my suprise, the short handle worked out very well indeed......Better with the handle than without IMO.

This brush looks to be an outstanding buy.....I might go back and get a 3rd one before there all gone from clearance.
              r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
                After a few quick shots of cleaner, I dipped the brush into the water and started scrubbing. Initially, I was thinking that the bristles might be too stiff to do any good, but to my suprise the brush did an excellent job of spreading the cleaner all around my work area......The brush really digs down deep into the nap too.
                I agree on the bristles... they are very stiff but they work out very well!
                Brandon

Comment

Thought I would do a follow-up on this tool.

After some experimenting with this brush, I think it works best for loosening up dry dirt in the material fibers before vacuming....It really excels here.

As for scrubbing the carpets & upholstery on the inside of a vehicle, I think the bristles are too stiff for this. The stiff bristles make it easy to sling foam onto the rest of the interior....Which is what happened to me.

It's not going to be a problem as long as you plan on detailing the vinyl & such afterwards though.

In short, I would recommend that this brush be used dry on the interior (Before vacuuming), or for use outside of the car....Like when you are shampooing your floor mats on a table or something.

This is a great brush. I just think the bristles are a little too stiff for certain situations.
                  r. b.

Comment

I used my All Surface Interior Brush for the first time last weekend
                    and I think it works great, I like the fact that you can choose to
                    use the softer side or when it needed, the harder side of the brush.

I made some pic's:

Bottom view:

Side view:

Top view:

Here are some results, and I let the pic's do the talking:

Before:

Here I am half way:

This one is after I was finished:

The white " spots " on the floor mat are, bellieve it or not some
                    lost snow flakes
                    I just love detailing

Comment

Re: All-Surface Interior Brush X-1000 ~ Review

i have used this brush b4 and let me tell you it works wonders...big ups to meguiars ...keep up the good work......

Comment

Unfortunately... it is discontinued. :-(

Comment

That's why I have 2 of them.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');