• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1986 Grand National Black and Beautiful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 Grand National Black and Beautiful

1986 Buick Grand National recently painted with Standox paint system, 3 layers of clear

Wash with UWW+ with 10-12 MF Towels, 2 buckets with grit guards

Uber clay with Megs LT

Chemical Guys Black Light with LC CCS Red 5.5 and 4

Chemical Guys Black Wax with LC CCS Red 5.5 and 4

Wheels Durgaloss All Metal Polish

GG DA with 5.5 pads

PC DA with 4 pads

Uber and Super MF towels

Before's

Afters

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
    "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Re: 1986 Grand National Black and Beautiful

I love those cars! I looked so hard for one when I was looking for a car! Jealous you got to work on that beauty.

One question, what exactly is CG's Blacklight? Is it a sealant? A glaze? Another one of Chemical Guys Products that works well, but no one understands exactly what it is because the Chemical Guys put the most useless "Infomercial-like" descriptions of their products?

Awesome Job!
    Griffith Hawk

Comment

MD,

Nice work! The GN looks awesome. There are really few cars that impress me from the 80's from GM, but this is one make.

Question... what's the deal on the hood? In the first picture, it almost looks like the hood is really dirty, dusty, both... or severe oxidation but the latter can't be correct since it was 'just painted.' Sanding debris?

Thanks for the post!
      -Dellinger

EDIT: Never mind... I see the booth in the background of one shot, that explains a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghawk View Post
        I love those cars! I looked so hard for one when I was looking for a car! Jealous you got to work on that beauty.

One question, what exactly is CG's Blacklight? Is it a sealant? A glaze? Another one of Chemical Guys Products that works well, but no one understands exactly what it is because the Chemical Guys put the most useless "Infomercial-like" descriptions of their products?

Awesome Job!
        Griffith Hawk
        Thanx, yes Blackight is a sealant and a glaze. You apply with a finishing pad and moderate speed and let it dry for 15 mins. I really like it for black

Comment

Originally posted by Dellinger View Post
          MD,

Nice work! The GN looks awesome. There are really few cars that impress me from the 80's from GM, but this is one make.

Question... what's the deal on the hood? In the first picture, it almost looks like the hood is really dirty, dusty, both... or severe oxidation but the latter can't be correct since it was 'just painted.' Sanding debris?

Thanks for the post!
          -Dellinger

EDIT: Never mind... I see the booth in the background of one shot, that explains a lot.
          Yep that was dust. I used a lot of WW and towels.

Comment

No products for an actual paint correction right?

Comment

Originally posted by ShinyMopar View Post
              No products for an actual paint correction right?
              No this was just a detail for now. Car has light swirls and scratches from improper washing and drying since painted and cheap MF towels. The owner of the shop learned allot about detailing yesterday. I told him I would polish the car in the spring and we spoke about a possible new venture.

Comment

Looks awesome. Those are the most sinister looking cars of the 80's. I'll get one, one of these days. Unfortunately I'd need to find one with 500-600rwhp, and it wouldn't have the same docile manners of my Caddy. Still, want.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');