• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it make sense to use ultimate quik wax and Ultimate Wash & Wax together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it make sense to use ultimate quik wax and Ultimate Wash & Wax together?

Honestly I usually use Gold class wash since its a Shampoo and I get a lot of suds with it with my foam gun. But want to take the chance with the Ultimate Wash and Wax I've used it before from the bucket but never from a foam gun, also never combined it ultimate Quik wax. Thou I have been seeing that most people are saying the Ultimate wash and wax really isn't all that sudsy especially compared to Gold Glass while using a foam gun, or is it?

My plan is to do the same regiment i do with the gold class which is I wash my wife's and I's vehicles every weekend or every 2 weekends max and every second weekend I use Ultimate Quik wax to add some more protection and shine between the usual wax regiment. Which leads us to the original question:
    Does it make sense to use ultimate quik wax and Ultimate Wash & Wax together? Or am I wasting money?

Re: Does it make sense to use ultimate quik wax and Ultimate Wash & Wax together?

In my experience, Wash and Wax does add a bit of wax protection but it won't give that "slick, just waxed feel" although the shine is definitely there. I say go, use ultimate quik wax. It adds that slick just waxed feel and hydrophobic properties. Or you can use ultimate quik detailer instead after using wash and wax next time. It will minimize water spots, and add that hydrophobic polymer protection

Comment

I'd stay with gold class and UQW...
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Does it make sense to use ultimate quik wax and Ultimate Wash & Wax together?

I'd stick with Gold Class, if you're usiung UQW every other wash...

I've found UW&W lacking when it comes to "cleaning power", and you use a spray wax to compensate for the protection boost (which is marginal at best with UW&W)

I use the gold class quick wax every wash, it doesn't last as long as the ultimate, but the look.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... like my black paint is realy dripping wet

Comment

I'm no chemist, but the concept of running a wax/sealant (UWW) thru a foam gun doesn't sound pragmatic. The effective chemical principles used by UWW to clean are different than the principles from which traditional foamy shampoos use to accomplish their task.

I wouldn't suggest good results running UWW thru a foam gun. Foam gun aside, adding UQW to UWW would boost wax and hydrophobic polymer content, it will dilute cleaning power. Then you end up with some sort of supercharged (Ultimate) Quik Detailer (with wax) instead of a WASH product.
          2018 Acura RLX Tech - Majestic Black Pearl

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrefaei1 View Post
            Honestly I usually use Gold class wash since its a Shampoo and I get a lot of suds with it with my foam gun. But want to take the chance with the Ultimate Wash and Wax I've used it before from the bucket but never from a foam gun, also never combined it ultimate Quik wax. Thou I have been seeing that most people are saying the Ultimate wash and wax really isn't all that sudsy especially compared to Gold Glass while using a foam gun, or is it?

My plan is to do the same regiment i do with the gold class which is I wash my wife's and I's vehicles every weekend or every 2 weekends max and every second weekend I use Ultimate Quik wax to add some more protection and shine between the usual wax regiment. Which leads us to the original question:
            Does it make sense to use ultimate quik wax and Ultimate Wash & Wax together? Or am I wasting money?
            Stick with the GC and QW.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
            "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Could use UWW or Gold Class really, if you are going to use UQW after washing then Gold Class would be the best bet.

Originally posted by Stephan View Post
              I'm no chemist, but the concept of running a wax/sealant (UWW) thru a foam gun doesn't sound pragmatic. The effective chemical principles used by UWW to clean are different than the principles from which traditional foamy shampoos use to accomplish their task.

I wouldn't suggest good results running UWW thru a foam gun. Foam gun aside, adding UQW to UWW would boost wax and hydrophobic polymer content, it will dilute cleaning power. Then you end up with some sort of supercharged (Ultimate) Quik Detailer (with wax) instead of a WASH product.
              The OP was talking about using UQW or UQD after washing, not adding it into the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by jankerson View Post
                Could use UWW or Gold Class really, if you are going to use UQW after washing then Gold Class would be the best bet.

The OP was talking about using UQW or UQD after washing, not adding it into the mix.
                Thank you sorry for the confusion thats what I meant.

Comment

Thank you sorry for the confusion thats what I meant.
                  No problem.

Use UQW while drying the car, it works awesome.

Sheet off the water (Flood it) then spray UQW on a section (Prime the towel) and wipe off to dry.

Do the whole car like that then go back with a dry towel and wipe/buff.

Comment

Thank you all very much. tomorrow i begin the winter season's full detail work on both cars and my dad's

Comment

I'm new to the real work of detailing but after many hours of searching this forum the plan I put together for my cars are gc wash monthly followed by ulw topped with gcpw. And in between I do uww followed by uqw weekly. However I use deep crystal wash for doing tires and wells all the time. I'm not physcotic like some of the other members where I stock piles of the same product however I'm sure I'm starting out the same way they did by owning 1 of every product meguiars makes. Never understood why people did this till I learned that every car detail is different and calls for different uses. Such as shampoos, the average person would buy just 1 a use it for everything. But why use a wash/wax when ur just gonna strip it off to do some correcting just use a wash.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');