• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steam Car Wash (exterior) in Houston TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Car Wash (exterior) in Houston TX

Does anybody wash cars with a steamer here in Houston TX area? I have a few questions about which equipment they use, if they are happy with it, and if there's a location I can buy the equipment in Houston...or at least somewhere in Texas.

I really would like to meet (if possible, if not, that's cool) and watch how good it actually cleans....for exterior, not only interior. I don't want to rely on a salesperson's promises since usually the equipments are really expensive. Any steamer or brand would be ok

Thanks a lot

Sam

Re: Steam Car Wash (exterior) in Houston TX

I would never let such a tool near my cars paint.
    2018 Acura RLX Tech - Majestic Black Pearl

Comment

They claim it's safe for the paint

Comment

It's probably an interesting way to remove wax from your car, heat your paint up to 212F or higher.
        2018 Acura RLX Tech - Majestic Black Pearl

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan View Post
          It's probably an interesting way to remove wax from your car, heat your paint up to 212F or higher.
          212F is the temperature at the nozzle You're supposed to hold the nozzle with an angle and 5-6" away from the surface. They claim the temperature goes down to 150F or so. Also,...You need to steam the same spot for 30 seconds to remove the wax. When you actually steam wash the car you continuously move the nozzle. Again, these are the tnigs that I have read, questioned and stuff...But it kind of makes sense to me...I might be mistaken. That's why I posted this thread to see how it really works in real life

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan View Post
            I would never let such a tool near my cars paint.
            I can't see how any wax/sealant could survive very long being subjected to steam. I may be wrong, but I just wouldn't trust it..
            Originally posted by Blueline
            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');