• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

critique My Website and Pricing Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• critique My Website and Pricing Please

Hi, if any of you have the time can you please go ahead and review my website. Be as blunt as you want. victorsmobiledetailing.com

Re: critique My Website and Pricing Please

checked main pagereal quik, have to run, but get rid of the word "guarantee" re wash and wax, not a good business word. Looks nice, not cluttered or amateurish main page!
    2018 Acura RLX Tech - Majestic Black Pearl

Comment

Commenting as a consumer and not a detailer:
      - scrap references to armor all. For example, interior UV protectant with non-greasy, matte finish.
      - think a bit more about the multi wash minimum stuff. Maybe you can offer a 2 or 3 pack deal or something, and/or a minimum fee for onsite visits. You need to define some kind of travel radius I think.
      - spa wax- rethink the "select your choice of cleaner wax or carnauba". TELL them what they get.
      - rethink "bring back faded exterior trim". That opens a can of worms. Are you talking like Ultimate Black on plastic?
      - car lovers wash - add premium wax to the title, maybe car lovers premium wash and wax. Too much info on contamination.
      - about us - rethink. Also, you use the word I too much. When people think of a "Company", they don't think of "I", they think of "we".

You should be disliking me right about now, so I'm stopping; but I'm just trying to help.

Stephan

Comment

I absolutely love it. If I had to think of something to critique though: a lot of people aren't sitting at home spending hours on the internet anymore (in due plenty still are). Many are using smart phones and looking for information quickly. My point being, there's too many options to click on at a glance.
        For example, Jim is not a car nut, but he really likes to keep his car clean. He usually goes to the local detailer near his work on his lunch break, but he hears about this mobile detail guy with good prices. He really doesn't know much about car care/products, but a google search brings him to you're website. He's driving to catch lunch trying to look at his phone. Ok, he sees a "services tab" -wash/wax, complete detail, individual services, paint correction....I just need my car washed and vacuumed...I guess "individual services"...next page pops up....oh I can't read that its too small on my phone, let me zoom in, oh no, that's not what I'm looking for, I guess I'll go back and click on wash/wax...oops I clicked on the gallery link, go back....ugh, wish the website was mobile friendly...ok I think this is the page I'm looking for...wow, a lot of options here...I don't have time for this, I'll just eat fast and stop by the detail shop near work again, maybe later.
        Just an illustration that was made to me when I built my website by a marketing guy I hired. It spoke volumes to me, and if he hasn't have put it that way i wouldn't have rebuilt my website and I'm glad i did. (still am). Still have all if your services listed but maybe right on you're main page highlight in much larger print, or have a mobile compatible website, your basic services grin your lowest cheapest fastest, to your full detail. Put verbiage in there to please browse our services tab at the top of the page for a full listing of all services provided, but that way to the lazy guy, or the man-on-the-go, he had his information in his face quickly, and you just turned a click onto a call.

Comment

The mobile website is right on point. I think the website is generated with an online wizard. There should be a way to make a mobile/tablet friendly website that gets routed to from the main site when portable devices are detected. I hand coded my IT site (work in progress) but its a single, simple site that works mobile, tablet, pc, etc. and auto-rotates and auto-fits when tablet or phone is rotated. No photos, etc. yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan View Post
            Commenting as a consumer and not a detailer:
            - scrap references to armor all. For example, interior UV protectant with non-greasy, matte finish.
            - think a bit more about the multi wash minimum stuff. Maybe you can offer a 2 or 3 pack deal or something, and/or a minimum fee for onsite visits. You need to define some kind of travel radius I think.
            - spa wax- rethink the "select your choice of cleaner wax or carnauba". TELL them what they get.
            - rethink "bring back faded exterior trim". That opens a can of worms. Are you talking like Ultimate Black on plastic?
            - car lovers wash - add premium wax to the title, maybe car lovers premium wash and wax. Too much info on contamination.
            - about us - rethink. Also, you use the word I too much. When people think of a "Company", they don't think of "I", they think of "we".

You should be disliking me right about now, so I'm stopping; but I'm just trying to help.

Stephan
            No no Stephan its alright, i built this website a year ago and have not touched it since then. I was also thinking on removing the "I" as well. And since then ive also thought of removing what type of wax they get. Like if tbe car is new or in good condition i would use carnuaba wax, but if its a little beat up then i would use a cleaner wax with a white pad on speed 6. I was also planning on adding new packages, so everything would be renamed. I just need my SEO guy to show me how.to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by owendavidj View Post
              I absolutely love it. If I had to think of something to critique though: a lot of people aren't sitting at home spending hours on the internet anymore (in due plenty still are). Many are using smart phones and looking for information quickly. My point being, there's too many options to click on at a glance.
              For example, Jim is not a car nut, but he really likes to keep his car clean. He usually goes to the local detailer near his work on his lunch break, but he hears about this mobile detail guy with good prices. He really doesn't know much about car care/products, but a google search brings him to you're website. He's driving to catch lunch trying to look at his phone. Ok, he sees a "services tab" -wash/wax, complete detail, individual services, paint correction....I just need my car washed and vacuumed...I guess "individual services"...next page pops up....oh I can't read that its too small on my phone, let me zoom in, oh no, that's not what I'm looking for, I guess I'll go back and click on wash/wax...oops I clicked on the gallery link, go back....ugh, wish the website was mobile friendly...ok I think this is the page I'm looking for...wow, a lot of options here...I don't have time for this, I'll just eat fast and stop by the detail shop near work again, maybe later.
              Just an illustration that was made to me when I built my website by a marketing guy I hired. It spoke volumes to me, and if he hasn't have put it that way i wouldn't have rebuilt my website and I'm glad i did. (still am). Still have all if your services listed but maybe right on you're main page highlight in much larger print, or have a mobile compatible website, your basic services grin your lowest cheapest fastest, to your full detail. Put verbiage in there to please browse our services tab at the top of the page for a full listing of all services provided, but that way to the lazy guy, or the man-onon-the-go, he had his information in his face quickly, and you just turned a click onto a call.
              Thanks for the input guys. When i created my website i researched all my competition, and i made a layout of the various things i liked and didnt like. I was creating the way i research services, so i personally go over whats covered in a package and also go off a websites ease of use. So for me if the company gives a lot of info.i.would most likely go with them. My SEO guy was also telling me about making it mobile as well but didnt really think that many people did searches on their phone as much as he was saying, but will definitely look into it.
              Thanks Guys!
              Victor

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');