• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

crack in wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crack in wax

Hi Guys.

I received #26 paste in condition shown below (crack in wax). I this OK

Thank you

Re: crack in wax

That's very typical of older-style paste waxes. No issue and won't affect a thing.
    Grab your applicator and start enjoying a Meguiar's classic wax.

Bill

Comment

Thank you Bill. Now I'm not afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by kuko View Post
        Hi Guys.

I received #26 paste in condition shown below (crack in wax). I this OK

Thank you
        I hate it when this happens

When applying wax to your applicator try to keep the level of product in the can even. If you dig a hole in the center it will cause the outside walls to fall in

Also try mashing the wax back together with your fingers. This method has always worked for me. Another thing I've heard of people doing is placing the can in a pot of water then sticking it on the stove until the product melts. Once it dries; it's solid again! The only problem I have with this method is breathing the fumes

Comment

Originally posted by Flash Gordon View Post
          I hate it when this happens

When applying wax to your applicator try to keep the level of product in the can even. If you dig a hole in the center it will cause the outside walls to fall in

Also try mashing the wax back together with your fingers. This method has always worked for me. Another thing I've heard of people doing is placing the can in a pot of water then sticking it on the stove until the product melts. Once it dries; it's solid again! The only problem I have with this method is breathing the fumes
          This isn't a huge problem. It will be solved the first time you use the product.

Using your meguiars yellow foam applicator pad, place it into the can flat and twist the pad evenly and gently to add the wax to your pad. Remove the pad from the tin and the crack will be blended back to flat and smooth.

I don't worry about the appearance of any given wax in the can. It's how it looks when applied to my car that matters.

Comment

Looks can be deceiving, it should still be perfectly fine. If you lightly run the foam applicator, it would almost instantly reliquify the wax. And the more passes with the applicator, eventually the "crack" will soon be gone.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');