• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing 5000 sanding marks using Meg DA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing 5000 sanding marks using Meg DA

I'm planning to use Meg DA with Meg 3000 grit and/or 3M 5000 grit for one car I'm working on Honda Odyssey Beige- 2002. The question I would like to ask is that:what is the following products I can use to remove the 3000 or 5000 sanding marks. I have seen2 suggested approach:
    1- Meg cutting MF pads with M105, 101 or D300 following with M205 on MF finishing pad

Or
    2- Meg ultimate compound with Meg yellow polishing pad following with Meg ultimate polish with grey finishing pad.

I would appreciate if you could provide your advice.

Thanks to all.

Re: Removing 5000 sanding marks using Meg DA

I recently used Meguiars Unigrit 3000 with my DA on a 2003 Mazda MPV and 2006 Ford Fusion, all I used to remove the sanding marks was Ultimate Compound on a yellow polish pad.(4" pad). Ready for wax or sealant.
    The MPV was a lighter silver green, the Fusion was a lighter metalic grey...fyi
    "STRIFE" aka Phil
    2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
    2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
    2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Hey mohebmhanna

I used the unigrit 3000 and a cheap 10'' orbital with a foam bonnet and used ultimate compound and removed the sanding scratches, so with your DA and pad along with ultimate compound you will have fantastic results!
      ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
      You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
      Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Originally posted by mohebmhanna View Post
        I'm planning to use Meg DA with Meg 3000 grit and/or 3M 5000 grit for one car I'm working on Honda Odyssey Beige- 2002. The question I would like to ask is that:what is the following products I can use to remove the 3000 or 5000 sanding marks. I have seen2 suggested approach:
        1- Meg cutting MF pads with M105, 101 or D300 following with M205 on MF finishing pad

Or
        2- Meg ultimate compound with Meg yellow polishing pad following with Meg ultimate polish with grey finishing pad.

I would appreciate if you could provide your advice.

Thanks to all.
        Always start off with the least aggressive grit first. Can always go back and get MORE aggressive.

Also make sure you are using a foam block beneath the paper in order to properly disperse the pressure from your fingers, otherwise the contact points of your fingers will leave gouge grooves because they would be cutting the deepest do to the direct transfer of pressure [with the absence of a block].

M101 isnt really necessary because these are very fine levels of cut. But any of the others should do nicely. Remember to always keep your pad clean!
        Christopher Brown | OCDCarCare Los Angeles - Auto Detailing Services & Training Courses
        OCDCarCare.com | FACEBOOK| Detailing Article Archive | INSTAGRAM
        2013 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, 2015 SEMA Car Crazy Corral

Comment

How many sanding disc I need for a car and can I use them again?

Comment

why are you sanding an oem paint job?

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Good question: I hit the back of the car about 3 months ago and I got some minor scratches. However, I have some swirls around the car from washing and I do not want to use heavy compound. I have seen and read about the new approach which is you could sand at 5000 grit and with DA/ Meg's UC & UP you can get flowless results. As a matter of fact I did that this week end and I'm impressed with the results. I have to say it works extremely well on the Honda paint. I'll try Next on my jet black BMW and I'll let you guys know, BTW jet black is very difficult to keep it swirls free!!.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');