• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nano-super hydrophobic coatings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nano-super hydrophobic coatings

I didn't see any recent posts about this. It appears this technology is in a fast developmental stage, so every new product is quickly better than the last. Like computers in the late 80's early 90's, and like dang smart phones now.
    From what I've looked into, some of these products have an undesirable white color, or "fog" left after drying. They're is one that boasts clear drying and useable on cloth like shirts, shoes, etc, even making cell phones water proof.

My question, has anyone tried this on car seats? Carpet? Plastic bumpers? Obviously the technology is not quite ready for clear coats or glass (I did find a few manufactures that boasted their product was made for these surfaces, but I'm leery).

I mean there are great quality hydrophobic waxes out there, I'm not too concerned with that, but could this stuff be ultimate scotch guard for interiors?

Look up CarPro Fabric and Leather Coat. I believe it does something close to what you describe and is already on the market and well known.

Comment

Re: Nano-super hydrophobic coatings

Hello: Anybody tell me....Can I use Carnauba wax Gold Clas wax earlier than 100% Nano-super hydrophobic coatings/Spay, because someone tell me surface should be proper clean and free from any oil & wax.

Comment

Usman,

If you had previously waxed a surface and you wish to remove the wax, you have options:

Clay bar the parts that you desire to strip of wax.

-Or-

Wipe the panel with 91% rubbing alcohol.

-Or-

Go over the part with a mild polish on your DA.

-Or-

Use a body shop surface prep such as PPG wax and grease remover.

-Or-

You can simply mix your car wash at 5 times the recommended ratio and wash with the hottest water you can use safely, wash slowly and keep the panel well wetted with the ultra strong detergent mix as you use a micro fiber to mechanically agitate the surface. Do a thorough flushing rinse to remove all detergent and dry the panels spot free.

That gives you some options.
        Doing the best I can with what I've got.

Comment

Re: Nano-super hydrophobic coatings

They work great!

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');