• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would you use Quik Wax to maintain your Waxed car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would you use Quik Wax to maintain your Waxed car?

I'm a Meguiar's fanatic, all my products are from them. But have a question. Why would I spend the time to put ultimate wax or gold class or what ever wax on and then have to maintain it every 2 weeks with Ultimate Quik Wax?? Sounds redundant, wouldn't you just skip applying the liquid or paste wax and just use Ultimate Quik Wax every two weeks? This question just came to mind..

The way I wax my vehicle is I apply either paste of liquid once a month. And I maintain it with UQD only. And it still beads after a month. Only time I apply spray wax is if I just want to add that extra protection.
    Don't get caught riding dirty!

Comment

Re: Why would you use Quik Wax to maintain your Waxed car?

Originally posted by chrisrefaei1 View Post
      I'm a Meguiar's fanatic, all my products are from them. But have a question. Why would I spend the time to put ultimate wax or gold class or what ever wax on and then have to maintain it every 2 weeks with Ultimate Quik Wax?? Sounds redundant, wouldn't you just skip applying the liquid or paste wax and just use Ultimate Quik Wax every two weeks? This question just came to mind..
      Well, exactly. One uses ultimate quik wax every 2 weeks or after every car wash to keep the paint shiny, slick and well protected. Spray waxes are used because it saves time, so one doesn't have to go through all that "inconvenience" in waxing. Nothing wrong with waxing frequently, but spray waxes are quick, convenient and with today's technology, very durabe.

Comment

Thank you all for your replies I thought I was missing something its just a personal preference if you wax with paste or liquid and use Ultimate Spray Wax. You can.just use Ultimate Spray Wax by itself

Comment

I used to think the same; that UQW was redundant. Now I like it so much that I recently bought the bulk version in the detailer line (d156).

With UQW, I wax less and my car is still nice and shiny all the time.

Comment

Are you asking about applying a spray wax as your last step after polishing instead of the traditional wax (ie ultimate wax, gold class)? Or are you asking about using a spray wax as a maintenance product rather than a wax?
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

What Im asking is whats the point of applying an traditional liquid or paste wax when you have to maintain it. I know really you dont have too, surely not everyone is using Ultimate Quik Wax or Quik wax every 2 weeks or after every second wash after they've waxed it traditionally with a liquid or paste wax. It seems to be redundant to go through the work and being told Ultimate is the longest lasting of them all only to have to apply a spray wax to rejuvenate it or make it all complete coverage once again.

Comment

What it really sounds like what they created is something that is someone who likes to wax frequently? Say 2 times a month or 3times in a 2 month period? And made it less of a "chore" for them?

Comment

UW breaks down over time just like everything else. The durability of a wax is determined by the environment one lives in. Harsher environments break protection faster. The spray wax will rejuvenate it and help it last just a tad longer until your next round of polishing. One could always go the way of a coating and just wash it. But those of us who are OCD about detailing always want our cars to have that shine and eye catching appearance.

For example I use quik wax/D156 once a month and as a wipe on wipe off product it's much easier than say applying a wax and waiting the allotted time to be ready for removal.
                  99 Grand Prix
                  02 Camaro SS

Comment

I use UQW every time I wash the car or truck. Besides the extra protection it gets rid of the water spots that I might have missed drying.

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz:542674
                      UW breaks down over time just like everything else. The durability of a wax is determined by the environment one lives in. Harsher environments break protection faster. The spray wax will rejuvenate it and help it last just a tad longer until your next round of polishing. One could always go the way of a coating and just wash it. But those of us who are OCD about detailing always want our cars to have that shine and eye catching appearance.

For example I use quik wax/D156 once a month and as a wipe on wipe off product it's much easier than say applying a wax and waiting the allotted time to be ready for removal.
                      Absolutely thats exactly what I meant about the OCD that im really guilty of. So Quik Wax is just an easier way to apply an additional layer easier than say having to apply a wax be it paste or liquid. Thank you very much and everyone else. So in reality you could very well just apply Ultimate Quik wax every 2 weeks and or just have it for rejuvenation of your previous application of which was done by machine or hand with either a paste of liquid.

Comment

I am one of those that does a quarterly detail and I apply ULW. I follow every wash or QD with D156. I do this for the purposes of appearance and protection. For appearance, the 10 minute process of D156 makes the car look flawless and that is what I'm after. As for protection, any sealant or wax will begin to degrade the minute you finish applying it and the vehicle is exposed to the elements. While I don't doubt ULW will last for months, the appearance will lot be the same as when it was just applied.

Here is something I've found that keeps me using this approach. A car that is freshly waxed or sealed sheds dirt due the high degree of slickness left by the LSP. This heightened slickness is noticeably lessened after that first and certainly after subsequent washes. Using D156 restores that slickness and makes the paint as close to self cleaning as possible. This slickness makes the paint shed dirt much easier.

Finally, during our harsh WI winters, I resort to Touchless as a means of removing salt and sand from my vehicle as I don't have access to a heated garage. The Touchless wash, it is said, uses fairly harsh detergents that might otherwise compromise some LSPs. This D165 approach will replenish my LSP and keep the protection intact, all for just a 10 minute process.

I don't expect D156 to offer the same level of protection or durability as ULW. But I can spare the 10 minutes to this to achieve my goals.
                        Jim
                        My Gallery

Comment

Is the D156 Quik Wax or Ultimate Quik in the professional line/Bulk size?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Devilbiss View Post
                            I use UQW every time I wash the car or truck. Besides the extra protection it gets rid of the water spots that I might have missed drying.
                            Me too, though it use UQD more than UQW. But it just depends.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrefaei1 View Post
                              Is the D156 Quik Wax or Ultimate Quik in the professional line/Bulk size?
                              D156 is the pro version of quik wax. It comes in a gallon size. It's part of the detailer line.
                              99 Grand Prix
                              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');