• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning System - D106 & D116

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's the best place to buy the 5 gallon APC+ that won't charge an arm and a leg for shipping?
    Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Re: Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning System - D106 & D116

It's at detailing.com for 81.99,and detailsupplyplaza.com for 80.00.I do not know the shipping charges.

Comment

Will there be secondary bottles available for these products?

Comment

ADS has a D106/116 combo pack available in 32 oz bottles
          "STRIFE" aka Phil
          2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
          2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
          2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Thanks, I saw that but they are not selling the empty bottles (or labels) at ADS.

Comment

ADS just added the labels for D106/116

"STRIFE" aka Phil
              2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
              2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
              2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Great video from Detail Fest by Jason Rose on these two products. Extremely informative and really helpful in telling you exactly how it's best to use these products. It definitely pushed me over the top and confirmed that I "need" both of these in my arsenal.

Heres the link: http://youtu.be/HweQSpYdhRs

One quick question, does any combination of these products work on those super stubborn water stains that are can be so prominent on all these new light-colored upholstered seats? (Still can't figure out what the appeal in those is - especially for people with kids). Thanks!
                Dynamic Detailing

Comment

Just a heads up for all you detailers.

In directly speaking with Jason Rose, I specifically inquired if the system was tested on pet urine. Since i have a new puppy right now and have also had to clean many doggie organic matter messes from vehicles throughout the years. lol

He immediately answered yes and that D116 should be used at full strength. Of course it would be followed by D106 to bring the surface back to Ph neutral...

just something I though all detailers, especially the pet owners may want to know. Especially if they are justifying some product purchases to their significant others...
                  Christopher Brown | OCDCarCare Los Angeles - Auto Detailing Services & Training Courses
                  OCDCarCare.com | FACEBOOK| Detailing Article Archive | INSTAGRAM
                  2013 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, 2015 SEMA Car Crazy Corral

Comment

Okay, so I just got the sampler of these two from ADS today and I'm excited to put them to work and see what they can do. I'm clear on using D106 at 20:1 to neutralize things, and it sounds like for bad tannin stains, D106 full strength is best, but I'm not 100% sure on D116 and protein stains. Can D116 just be diluted with water or does it need to be mixed with D106 as well as the little pamphlet thing states?

I know these are interior products - which seem less interesting to discuss, but I'm surprised these products aren't getting a little more buzz on here, I'd love to hear other people's first hand experiences with them.

Oh and just an FYI for you guys at Meguiars in case you didn't already catch it, the pamphlet (both the digital one posted in this thread and physical one I got from ADS) have vacuum misspelled. Just thought I'd let you know.
                    Dynamic Detailing

Comment

Anyone? Or should I repost in Detailing 101 for more exposure?
                      Dynamic Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher.Brown View Post
                        Just a heads up for all you detailers.

In directly speaking with Jason Rose, I specifically inquired if the system was tested on pet urine. Since i have a new puppy right now and have also had to clean many doggie organic matter messes from vehicles throughout the years. lol

He immediately answered yes and that D116 should be used at full strength. Of course it would be followed by D106 to bring the surface back to Ph neutral...

just something I though all detailers, especially the pet owners may want to know. Especially if they are justifying some product purchases to their significant others...
                        Just a quick note from the veterinary laboratory science side - if your dog's (or person's for that matter) urine has significant amount of protein in it - I think the stain in your car may not be your biggest concern
                        I wonder if urine should be classed maybe under the other category, as the pigments in the urine would be the one that may stain... (while urea will be the one that gives the smell...)

Is the video Jason Rose is showing in the above quoted video available to watch by any chance? Many thanks!

Comment

Also curios about using the carpet d/a attachment, and then extractor?

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');