• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you use baby wipes to clean / shine your dash !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you use baby wipes to clean / shine your dash !

Question - As most of you know (or maybe you don't) i like to keep my car looking nice (during the nice weather i do anyway) i heard somewhere you can use baby wipes to clean your dash board - is this so ?

Will it leave it shiney or slimey ? i'd rather it a low gloss shine , any help would be helpful, thank you for your help - thank you kindly !

PS: I had major surgery (total hip replacement) so i haven't been around in a while, i apoligize for this, i don't want you folks thinking i'm piece mealing you ( only coming by when i need something, i'll make it a point to stay connected in the future)
    A champion is someone who gets up, even when he can't

Don't they contain alcohol? If they contain anything like that I would feel that the product would dry out the dash and promote accelerated degradation and cracking.

(My boy is 10 years old, I don't have a container to look at)
    Doing the best I can with what I've got.

Comment

Re: Can you use baby wipes to clean / shine your dash !

Thank you very much Larry, i think this is probably the first time i have waited before i did anything with my car , whereas in the past i just did it, worried about it later, you're the best, thank you again sir !

Coop
      A champion is someone who gets up, even when he can't

Comment

Why not just use a damp microfiber cloth? Chemicals not needed. Same with interior windows...a warm damp microfiber...and dry with a dry microfiber. No chemicals..no store bought "stuff"... easy and clean. Keep the baby wipes for the baby.

Comment

I would say that if you don't have, or don't want to get an interior product for the dash and other vinyl/plastic surfaces, go with what Blueline suggested and just use a dampened micro fiber to collect dust and break down sneeze residues (lol!) And leave it natural. That would be far better than putting unknown chemicals onto the materials that could possibly lead to some negative effect.

Comment

I use QID with microfiber personally. It comes in wipes too, and I wipe of the excess with microfiber.

Comment

I don't know if I missed something but did anybody mention just buying the wipes for ur car? I know there's quite a few people who make them, and they're just like baby wipes but for the car dash, doors, consol, and whatever else. I pretty sure I missed reading something before I replied to this cuz everyone knows they make those wipes.

Comment

I was assuming that he didn't have a dedicated product nor wished to go and immediately purchase something. My advice was based on that thought.

Comment

I would either do what blueline suggested or invest in a dedicated interior product like quik interior detailer and natural shine. That would maintain a more OEM look but also protect the interior.
                  99 Grand Prix
                  02 Camaro SS

Comment

The only place in detailing for baby wipes is cleaning fabric and that's it.
                    Please use the right products for the job.
                    No peanut butter, dawn, toothpaste, cornstarch or the like.
                    Many company make products specifically made for car care.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');