• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Insane Shine Tire Coating G-13115 ~ Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Insane shine

Originally posted by pooky
    Hi..
    i might have missed it but..i am curious about the wear of Insane shine..If i feel the need to apply/re-apply down the road, do i need to re-clean/strip the tires and remove what's left?
    Can i just clean off dirt with soap and re-apply?
    Now, i know dust/dirt will accumulate on the tires from normal driving.. will the shine remain (or dull) after a light cleaning??
    So far so good though. It's what i've been waiting for for a long time...
    thanks!
    Insane Shine has great durability. I do not find a need to re-clean and strip. I just apply more. It does not cause residue build up like Endurance does IMHO.

I would not apply a tire cleaner any more often than every two or three months, if that. The need for a tire cleaner is overrated. When you use a tire cleaner, it brings antiozonants to the surface and causes a brown look. This however, will vary with different tires.

RamAirV1
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

RamAir..

thanks..
      now, what about weekly maintence?
      like i mentioned, the usuall dust/dirt
      accumulation.. can i just use the normal soap and water with minimal loss of shine??? or can i just spray a little more on after several weeks???

thanks again...

Comment

From what I have heard, it holds its shine well after washing. just some car wash soap, or a blast of water from the hose is probably best.

You can always add more...
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Murr,

Ok, so it's cool to spray a little touch up after a light clean n dry?...nothing else needed?..

thanks again for the quick turn..

Comment

Originally posted by pooky
            RamAir..

thanks..
            now, what about weekly maintence?
            like i mentioned, the usuall dust/dirt
            accumulation.. can i just use the normal soap and water with minimal loss of shine??? or can i just spray a little more on after several weeks???

thanks again...
            Yes. And if you want to boost the shine you can spray a little more on after several weeks.

RamAirV1
            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

ramair..

ok!..that about does it...I've also used a bit on the front bumper, black vinyl air grill (SC 400) and seems to hold a nice there too...

Comment

I've been washing my tires down with a sponge and carwash solution after I wash the car. I buff the tires dry with an old cotton towel and they look very good. I'm up to 5 weeks since application and the tires still look very good.
                Jim
                My Gallery

Comment

I guess the Nxt Shine can be used on rubber trim, etc if you like that much shine.. interesting idea... My trim is all the plastic type, so just stickin wtih the gold class trim detiler for now.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Well, the front lower grill (only grill) is made out of that vinyl plastic.. just adds a little accent to that area..

Comment

A Week after

ok,
                      it's been a week and i tried 2 things.

1) On my car, i sponged off the tires and wiped dry..Being picky here, there wasn't that "just sprayed wet" look anymore.. they were shiney but not that real wet look i got the first day i sprayed. I went ahead and gave them another good spraying.

2) On my wife's car, i just quickly wiped the tires down with those Armor All dressing wipes (does Meguiars have these?? i don't remember). They quickly remove any dirt and gave the tires that wet look again (i also had originally applied Insane Shine also)...

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');