• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

self car wash rinse + Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere, is it good enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• self car wash rinse + Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere, is it good enough?

i dont have access to water, so I did a self car wash which basically rinses my car and then quickly drive home, dry out using towel and then apply ultimate wash and wax.

is it good enough? should i put ultimate wax finally?

thank you

If I were you I'd do a baggie test to see if you need to clay to make sure your paint is completly smooth prior to applying wax.

Comment

Re: self car wash rinse + Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere, is it good enough?

thanks, and since this is a new car, is it required to apply clay? it's very time-consuming.

if i dont want to apply clay but just use high pressure water to pre-wash and rinse every two weeks, how often do i have to do the claying?
      thanks

Comment

From what I've heard [from alot of people] even new cars are in need of a claybar and have a rough finish on the paint.
        Claying doesn't take too long at all. Everything you need is provided in the Meguiars clay kit [it comes with 2 80gram bars] and can be done fairly quick.. Another reason for doing it is that your wax will apply/perform much better if applied to a smooth finish.
        Once you've applied your wax to a well preped [clayed] surface, you may not need to clay for quite a while as long as your wax remains intact to protect your finish. Using a good spray wax like Ultimate Quik Wax after every wash can help extend the longevity of your innitial application of Ultimate Liquid/Paste Wax.
        IMO it's worth not skipping any of the steps because if done properly, the maintaining of a great looking finish becomes so much easier. Not to mention you want to keep your new car looking new!

Comment

Re: self car wash rinse + Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere, is it good enough?

If it hasnt been clayed, it probably should be.... not sure about time consuming. If it is bad, then yes.. but should just be wiping your hand over the surface really.

As far as your process... I would drive home, then use the W&WA, then dry.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

thank you, i may consider doing once...

for the 80gram clay bar, how many times can each of them be used as long as i dont drop it to the floor....

Comment

^^ That really depends on a lot of factors, but an average might be 10 - 20 cars...

No need to dry before using UWWA, since in your case there would not be much water left on the car anyway.

Clay it once initially, then maybe every 12 months.

Apply UW maybe every 3 months.
              Originally posted by Blueline
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I cut the bar into smaller pieces incase I drop them...
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Claying is not a long or tedious process. It takes a bit more time than washing, but it's not a labor intensive deal or a really long deal. Especially on a small car, 30 minutes to an hour.
                  Doing the best I can with what I've got.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');