• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally purchased a DA polisher!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finally purchased a DA polisher!

Hey Bill, if you ever do decide to go pro at this, I've got a great slogan 4 your business cards.. "If you polish it, they will come"! In regards to the flood of nice looking women that will be begging you for a ride once they witness that remarkable shine! haha It's too bad you don't live out here in Cali, Bill. You'd be a great addition to the awesome group of people that gather at the TNOG. It's Always good the touch base with you on this forum my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
      Hey Bill, if you ever do decide to go pro at this, I've got a great slogan 4 your business cards.. "If you polish it, they will come"! In regards to the flood of nice looking women that will be begging you for a ride once they witness that remarkable shine! haha It's too bad you don't live out here in Cali, Bill. You'd be a great addition to the awesome group of people that gather at the TNOG. It's Always good the touch base with you on this forum my friend.
      Thanks so much for the kind words Eldorado2K! I would probably fit right in at TNOG (I would promise not to hog garage time), and I am learning a tremendous amount from this forum, because of people like you, daveygforce, The Guz, joe dragon, Michael Stoops and all the rest.

And just as an aside, I've already had several ladies compliment me on my Hyundai, even though I haven't done anything spectacular with it yet.

Guys aren't saying anything, but most of them are a lot younger than I am.

I really enjoy making my own vehicle look good. Whether I would be able to keep the passion working on other people's cars is open to interpretation.

But my daughter has a friend with a 1997 Nissan Sentra, 230,000 neglected miles, which could be a good test of my skills.

Will keep the group posted!
      2016 red Hyundai Azera, acquired with 21 miles. Drive 600+ miles/week. Commercial RE agent in CA focusing on properties in the Truckee/Lake Tahoe basin.

Comment

Thanks for the honorable mention Bill!
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Update for the group:

Pulled the DA polisher out after my cheap one from AutoZone died. Was using it on a deep scratch, but discovered looking at another thread that I was premature with pulling it out--need to sand down the mound of touch up paint first with 3000 grit sandpaper.

I did pose this question on another thread--which compound, or combination of compounds, does the group recommend to blend the scratch with the surrounding sheet metal?

Also would benefit from tips on speed, pressure, etc.

Sadly, still haven't learned how to upload photos yet. Using an iPhone 5s.
          2016 red Hyundai Azera, acquired with 21 miles. Drive 600+ miles/week. Commercial RE agent in CA focusing on properties in the Truckee/Lake Tahoe basin.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');