• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dye transfer removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dye transfer removal

Will D180 remove dye transfer from leather seats?
    Extreme Radiance Detailing

2001 C5 Corvette - Black
    2010 LT2 Camaro - Victory Red

Re: dye transfer removal

Originally posted by gclark26 View Post
    Will D180 remove dye transfer from leather seats?
    Jean transfer? I would try a spot with it and a MF towel, if that doesn't work try a terry cloth towel with light to med presssure. Might have to step up to D181 leather cleaner, if that doesn't work then some APC or steam. The key is least aggressive method first.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
    "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Thank u
      I have a steam cleaner. I'll give it a shot first then try APC if needed. One good thing about steam, it opens the leather pores and will absorb D180 better.

2001 C5 Corvette - Black

Comment

If you have a shiny leather seat chances are there is a thin clear protective coat and the dye has adhered to this. Be careful about being too aggressive as you don't want to break through the coating, let the cleaning agents carry the work load or you could end up in a situation similar to polishing through clear coat on paint.

Comment

Gold Class leather cleaner/conditioner does a pretty reasonable job of the dye removal.
          2021 BMW X3M Competition - Donington Gray
          2020 Chevy Bolt - Arctic White
          2019 Fiat 124 Spider - Brillante

Some look better than others....

Comment

I just ran across GC leathet sealant. Has anyone used this?
            I have a customer that needs a dye transfer removal. I want to recommend the sealant to prevent future dye transfer.

What should i charge for this job? I might add i am using a 40hr rate so i try to price accordingly. But heck i have no idea how long a complete cleaning / conditioning / sealant will take.
            Thank u.

2001 C5 Corvette - Black

Comment

I called Meguiars about the leather sealant. The product does not seal the leather like a paint sealant. It wont prevent dye transfer but will make removal easier.

2001 C5 Corvette - Black

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');