• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Detailing Market Scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Detailing Market Scene

Hello,
    As I stated in my Introduction to the Forum, I'm from Minnesota. I obviously respect the advice from all those experienced in Detailing, but my question is for those with knowledge of the Minnesota Detailing market. My question is for those with experience marketing in Minnesota, how responsive are people in general to Detailing? Do Minnesotans generally like to do it themselves with a bucket and soap, or will they pay for a well done detail? Now knowing how good detailing can protect your car, I would think winter would be agreat time to get it done. But I expect that it is probably a slow time for detailers, am I right? Any advice you are willing to share would be much appreciated as I'm just learning to judge the market.

Lance Petersen

I'm not from Minnesota, nor have I ever visited, but I've got experience detailing. I've had my mobile business for about 8 years now, and here in Seattle (I know, way milder than Minnesota - but colder than LA) the winter us definitely my slowest time. I keep busy doing a lot of interiors or interiors with just a wash. Things usually pick up about now, and it's happening again!!!!

Good luck and I hope that helps a little!!!
    Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Re: Minnesota Detailing Market Scene

Well thank you for that. That's a good start! If anyone else can give advice that would be great, especially my questions about the Minnesota Detailing Market! Thanks!

Comment

I'm from Red Wing, just south of the Twin Cities. I think the average person here is pretty clueless about detailing unless they are really into cars/trucks. I do a little detailing on the side, and am trying to build my clientele, but most people here don't understand how much time it takes to restore paint, and therefore most choke when you tell them it's gonna be $200 to fix their boogied-up paint. They don't know what swirl marks are; they think shiny is good, so I do a lot of cleaner wax jobs where you really don't remove a lot of swirls, but it looks good from 10' away. Since I work out of an unheated garage, winter is my off season.

Anything else you want to know?

Comment

Thanks everyone for your replies. Still looking for more replies from Minnesotan Detailers or car enthusiasts giving their two cents about the Minnesota Detail Market scene! Anything helps

Comment

Being in one of MN's smaller communities, I have yet to see much of any kind of detailing offered. A local dealership offers a $99 'complete detail' (no, I have never 'investigated' their operation)...other than that, nuttin'.

There is a yearly 'car show' that is held in mid-June (sadly gets rained often) and even there I'd venture to say no more that 25% show any kind of true paint correction detailing. That said, when that one vehicle does have that true 'show car shine' it stands well above the competition.

I do believe that the more diverse (read: bigger population) the community, the more opportunity for having a detailing business. A business that will succeed that is.

Just my 2

Comment

I actually took this subject to the Minnesota City-Data Forum, I'm getting lots of looks, not a lot of comments. I also put a poll on there, so far majority don't get a Detail because it's too expensive. And someone's comment was that it doesn't make sense to get a detail for a third of the year or more in Minnesota ! They don't seem to understand that Detailing would exponentially make all of our cars on the road last longer not to mention safer, by not having rusted out junkers falling apart on the highway! Ok so any tips on how to refute some of the conversation stoppers when it comes to the benefits of detailing? Minnesotans and everyone welcome to add in. Thanks

Comment

Here's a link to the city-data thread that I posted to get Minnesotans opinions on this:http://www.city-data.com/forum/minne...hate-dont.html Check it out if you are interested.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');