• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wash-Clay-Wash OR just Wash-Clay-Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wash-Clay-Wash OR just Wash-Clay-Polish

I have seen in many threads proponents of performing another wash of the car after claying. Just curious who uses this approach and what added benefits they have seen?

Here's what I do: wash, clay while wet, rinse, dry, and polish! Hope that helps

Comment

Re: Wash-Clay-Wash OR just Wash-Clay-Polish

Originally posted by stemyx View Post
      Here's what I do: wash, clay while wet, rinse, dry, and polish! Hope that helps
      Curious what advantages you see with the extra rinse... is it to make sure all the lubricant and clay particles are off the paint before polishing? Is it a better check in terms of ensuring no contaminants are still on the paint? I have a deionizer so before putting more water through it and spending resin want to make sure I am getting bang for my buck, as the saying goes.

Comment

I wash, clay while wet using soapy water as a lubricant, and then wash again, rinse and dry.
        Art Layton
        2009 Jetta TDI

Comment

If you clay while the car is still wet, you will save money from spray waxes or spray detailers. And then the rinse is to make sure all the soap and water used as lubrication is off. Hope this helps!

Comment

Last time I clayed I used the morning dew on my car that had been washed the day b4 as the main lubricant. [I worked in sections which is explains why I was claying the day after washing] It's probably not recommended, but the car hadn't been moved and was still clean. I also sprayed some quik detailer, but I didn't need alot as the dew seemed to work pretty great. lol

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');