• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3M Paint Protection Film (Clear Bra) - should I wax it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3M Paint Protection Film (Clear Bra) - should I wax it?

I've been using Ultimate Polish and Wax on my 2011 Kia Optima (Super White Pearl) with great results. However, we just bought a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (Bright White) and it has a 3M Clear Bra installed on the front.
    I went to 3M which recommends waxing in general plus mentions using their own stuff.

The rest of the car will have the Ultimate Polish and then the Ultimate Wax treatment but it would nice to know if anyone else has used Ultimate wax on their Bra with good results or, even better, if Meguiars can recommend it or another of their own products.

Thanks for your help guys.

Phil C.
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Diesel.
    2011 Kia Optima EX-L
    Phil C.
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Diesel
    2011 Kia Optima EX-L
    2003 BMW R1150RT

No need to polish it, just wax it (sealant) to bolster the UV protection that will aid in preventing it from yellowing.
    Doing the best I can with what I've got.

Comment

Re: 3M Paint Protection Film (Clear Bra) - should I wax it?

Originally posted by larry0071 View Post
      No need to polish it, just wax it (sealant) to bolster the UV protection that will aid in preventing it from yellowing.
      I was told by a very reputable ppf installer it is the glue that yellows. FWIW.
      2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - Crystal White Pearl

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');