• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help. needing Dr Colorchip advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help. needing Dr Colorchip advice

one of my customers scuffed the front left bumper against a pole in a drive thru. The car is a 2014 Lexus E350. The bumper is plastic and i can catch my thumb nail in the scratches. Buffing wont remove them. Secondly, paint is missing down to the metal in a couple places on the fender.
    This is bad.
    Will Dr Colorchip fill in and hide the damage?
    Which kit should I use to make the repair.
    And lastly is Dr Colorchip the way to go or should a body shop be a better option.
    Thank you
    Extreme Radiance Detailing

2001 C5 Corvette - Black
    2010 LT2 Camaro - Victory Red

I've never used Dr. Colorchip. How much of an improvment have you been able to make with what you've tried so far? What have you used on it? Any pix?

Comment

Re: Help. needing Dr Colorchip advice

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
      I've never used Dr. Colorchip. How much of an improvment have you been able to make with what you've tried so far? What have you used on it? Any pix?
      I went to the Dr Colotchip website with my paint code and it wasn't shown.

Hope you have better luck.
      2016 red Hyundai Azera, acquired with 21 miles. Drive 600+ miles/week. Commercial RE agent in CA focusing on properties in the Truckee/Lake Tahoe basin.

Comment

I don't even know what Dr. Colorchip is. I thought it was a rubbing compound. Haha

Comment

Hi there,

I recently used the product on a relatively deep chip 1/4 x 1/16 of inch and 2 smaller chips (which was actually a dent that was first removed). I applied several layers -- which is not shown on many of the videos I found on YouTube. I am also including a link of the review video I put together.

Link to video review: YouTube Review - Before and After of Dr. Colorchip

James

Comment

On another forum, one person said to go to the dealer's parts department and buy a touch up paint pen keyed to the paint code of the vehicle.

Will try that when the weather improves and I can actually drive for a week without running into snow/sand/salt.
            2016 red Hyundai Azera, acquired with 21 miles. Drive 600+ miles/week. Commercial RE agent in CA focusing on properties in the Truckee/Lake Tahoe basin.

Comment

Have been fortunate recently, no random rocks in the road or tire cast offs falling onto my hood.

Discovered quite by accident the silver metallic color of my Accent was unique to the 2013 model year, so I'll need to go to the dealer for that color match pen--no aftermarket outlets I'm aware of stock the exact touchup color.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');