• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What gauge is your extention cord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What gauge is your extention cord?

Hi all, according to the user manual, they put enough emphasis on using a proper enough extension cord if you plan on connecting 1 to use your DA.. I'm curious to know what gauge cord you use[also what length 25/50ft?] and whether you've noticed any real differences between a heavy duty [12 gauge] vs. general use [16 gauge or so]
    I'm sure you know what they warn about, and the reason I'm asking is because I'd rather avoid having such problems. But at the same time I'm not exactly running out the door looking forward to spending $20-30 dollars for a 12 gauge extension cord when I have several 16ga. cords in the shed. Thx in advance for the info.

Re: What gauge is your extention cord?

Most of these power tools come with 16 gauge cords. One should not a longer cord than one needs. A good cord to have would be 25' 14 gauge pliable. I can be used for man tools. Handy t have.

Comment

Sorry for the bad grammar. Having a little problem with keyboard tonight.

Comment

I have both a 50ft and 100ft 12 guage extension cords and will use either one depending on how far the car is from the electrical outlet.

Comment

I have a 50ft cord and I think it's 12 or 14 gauge.
          2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

100 ft., 12 gauge

Comment

I decided on buying a 50ft. 14 gauge cord. Harbor Freight had it on sale, plus the 20% off coupon I used, came to just over $17. Good deal

Comment

^ Good stuff.
                Lot of ppl say HF is a shot in the dark but I have bought a few stuff from them and I have had good luck so far.
                *Knocking on wood*
                2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

If you get an extension get a 12AWG. It will handle any power task you need up to 50 ft with a 20A carrying capacity if you happen to have a 20A circuit.
                  Al
                  ~ Providing biased opinions

Comment

Heavier gauge makes life better... detailing, Christmas lights, or anything else....
                    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');