• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA Power System pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DA Power System pads

The kids gave me a DA Power System some time ago. It is the Meguiar's device that attaches to a household drill for power and comes with a yellow foam pad. (for those that have not seen it) I had not really planned to use it, however I have noticed some swirls and very fine scratches on the trunk of my new car (thanks Mr. Dealer) No serious blemishes, but definitely needs a polishing. (ya ya, claying, etc. etc.)

Will the yellow pad that comes with the DA System work adequately with the Ultimate Compound I already have, or should I go buy the kit that has the reddish brown pad and small bottle of UC? Would I expect to get "far" better, noticeable, results if I go buy the compounding kit, or will the yellow pad and UC work just as well?
    Thanks for your help.

Re: DA Power System pads

It will depend on paint's hardness and degree of defects. Do a test spot with Ultimate Compound/yellow polishing pad (W8204) and see if the results are to your satisfaction. If needed - then a step up would be a burgundy cutting pad (W7204).

Comment

I'd tend to say red... but can be worth a test spot if you already have some UC.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks folks. It is not a big outlay for a red pad. I will go pick up one (actually they come in pairs) and then I have it if needed.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');