• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Bug & Tar Remover leaves white residue, need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Bug & Tar Remover leaves white residue, need help.

Some months ago, I bought several Meguiar products, all of which have performed beautifully as promised. Except one. I applied the 2013 Bug & Tar Remover in accordance with the attached instructions on my Jeep Wrangler, but while spraying accidentally got some on the black polyester bumper and wheel fenders... This has left some extremely nasty white residue (ranging from little white spots to a larger stain on the bumper) that, so far, has proven nigh impossible to remove... Since the polyester is not a flat but slightly 'pocked' surface, I've tried a nailbrush with relatively hard bristles and 12% diluted ammonia, without much success...
    Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of this residue... Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Anyone else that encountered similar problems?

P.S. No residue on the metal surfaces. It's a problem that only happens with polyester parts...

Re: 2013 Bug & Tar Remover leaves white residue, need help.

Sometimes a dedicated plasitic cleaner is best, but WD-40, or something oily like peanut butter can also help.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

What about giving M39 a shot?
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
        What about giving M39 a shot?
        I agree, M39 usually does a great job on things like this.
        -Bob
        NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Allright, I'll try to get my hands on this M39 and keep you guys informed. I just hope the second Meguiar product can atone for the first ones' failure and doesn't make things worse lol... Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Ordered a bottle of M39 online. Any precautions I should take when using said product on the bumper and fender flares?

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');