• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner vs other Meguiar Vinyl Rubber products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner vs other Meguiar Vinyl Rubber products

I have used #40 for decades and have always been satisfied with it's performance. Recently I ran out and the stores had everything but #40. I found Meguiar's Ultimate Interior Detailer Product number: G16216 | SKU: 070382009908,,, Quik Interior Detailer Product number: G13616 | SKU: 070382161361,,,Meguiar's Supreme Shine

Re: #40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner vs other Meguiar Vinyl Rubber products

You can still get M40 online. That's about all I understood from what you wrote
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Re: #40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner vs other Meguiar Vinyl Rubber products

Guz, Sorry about that. About 1/2 of my original post got chopped out. The rest of it was I didn't understand why there were 4 different rubber/vinyl cleaner conditioners that all seemed to do the same thing.
      It would sound to me that the "Ultimate Interior Detailer" would be just that... The Ultimate and there would be no reason for the others. (?)

If someone knows the true difference and benefit between the good old #40 and the Meguiar's Ultimate Interior Detailer, I sure would like to learn about it. When I read the labels on the bottles, nothing stands out that would set one cleaner apart from the others.

Comment

Well let's see if I can help you out. M40 is an all in one product meaning it cleans and protects that is available in the mirror glaze line. I have no experience with it so I'm basing that off of what I have read.

On the consumer side you have quik interior detailer which is also an all in one product. It cleans and leaves some protection behind with no changes to the appearance of where it is used so it leaves the interior looking factory new. This can also be purchased in a gallon size in the detailer line. Ultimate interior detailer is the new comer for 2014. It is like quik interior detailer except it leaves a satin finish behind.

You can check out more on ultimate interior detailer here http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...erior-Detailer

The other products natural shine, supreme shine and ultimate protectant are protectants. They perform best when the interior is clean. The purpose of these products is to offer more UV protection. These will alter the appearance of the interior. Ultimate protectant being the one that lasts the longest.

I paraphrased it as best as I could so I hope this helps.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Yes, it helps very much. The link addresses my exact question. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');