• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's DA Power System?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's DA Power System?

i have several cars, two BMWs and a Renault (family cars).
    i want to have them in good shape. the worst condition, tbh, is on my X5. lot of swirls and so on.
    as i want to correct it all on a budget and only ocassionaly (say twice a year) i am looking toward smth like meguiar's da power system (link), mainly because it's way cheaper than a proper DA...

was thinking buying with it the

any thoughts on this? should i go for it or just use smth like AG SRP (heavy filler) and a quality wax over it to fill the problems every half a year and that's it?

Re: Meguiar's DA Power System?

I got one of these for Christmas or birthday last year, and thought it was pretty much a toy and it would sit on my shelf for eternity. Well a few days ago I thought I would try it out on half of the trunk my new black car. (Only half because it is still too cold to start on the whole car) It is new so it didn't need much in the way of a paint correction, but WOW what a nice job it and Ultimate Compound did with the dealer installed swirls. It was like a glass mirror when I finished. There was a small scratch it did not get out, most likely because I was too worried about applying too much pressure. Today, after getting some encouragement form the people here and Michael Stoops, I went at the scratch again, with as little more passion and pressure, and WOW it is gone. Clearcoat looks perfect. So, my recommendation would be buy the DA Power System. The DA Power System will fix the problem not just fill the problem.

Comment

I have not used it since I have a DA but the X5 is a lot of real estate. You could do the entire car with it. I am just so used to using a DA that I think the DAPS would take longer to cover an SUV. If you are on a budget, the harbor freight DA is budget friendly. You could get for just under $60. You would just need pads and a better backing plate. You could use it until you have enough money to get a porter cable or meguiars DA.

Give the DAPS a shot.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

i thought about the harbor freight DA (great, just GREAT value for the money), BUT it's 110V and i live in Europe and here we have 220V electricity )

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');