• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use Ultimate Wash & Wax rinseless way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use Ultimate Wash & Wax rinseless way?

Hi guys from here and Meguiars, (BTW I am a huge fan of Meguairs and have been using numerous Meguairs product line)

I like to wash my car frequently as i find it easier to wash the car clean if car is not so dirty (+ you would have more time & energy after the wash to do Detailing!)

i understand that for waterless method, there is Wash & Wax Anywhere. But since i need to wash the Microfiber towel after using WWA, i was thinking i might as well use rinseless system with bucket (where i can wash the car and the MF towel together) (car is parked in garage and for those days you want a quick wash where u dont want to shift the car out to rinse with hose)

As such i like to ask:

1) Can I use Ultimate Wash and Wax using rinseless method? meaning: dilute it, probably spray some of the solution on car, soak MF Towel with the shampoo and wipe the car, rinse the dirty MF towel using 2 bucket methos and repeat. if need to clear suds on car, use a MP Towel soak with water only to wipe through.
    (i using this product line as as example as it contains wax properties and should be more lubricating as prevent swirls,etc).

2) Anyone wash their car using the above method?

3) Assuming i have thorough washed my car say a few days back and now just want to clean up the light coat of dust can i use the above method for a quick fix?

4) is it safe? will it cause swirls or streaks? any disadvantage or any important things to take note?

5) any other comments or suggestion or advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Can I use Ultimate Wash & Wax rinseless way?

UWW wasn't designed or intended to be used as a rinseless wash.

However, lately I have been wondering the same thing as you. I am starting to think that safe rinseless washing might be more about the technique and not the product.

For normal rinseless washing, the technique you describe is a good one, especially the pre-spray. You might also want to change MF towels frequently during the wash.

You could always try it with UWW and let us know how you go!
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Re: Can I use Ultimate Wash & Wax rinseless way?

Check out the Gary Dean method for a rinseless wash. If I were you I would either invest in D114 or D115. I don't like to refer to other products but I have used the turtle wax rinseless wash. The way I use it is mix up a batch in a bucket. Grab some MF towels folded into 4's and put them in the bucket like what Gary Dean does. Once all sides of the towel is used I put them into another bucket making sure the bucket with rinseless wash is never contaminated. Prior to wiping down a car I mix some rinseless wash solution into a pump sprayer and spray the panel first to losen any dirt and then wipe it gently with one of the towels that has been soaking in the rinseless wash bucket. I will often save some of the rinseless wash that is sitting above my grit guard in other spray bottles.

Hope this helps.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');