• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual Tools PS7000 Counter Rotating Polisher: Innovation or Gimmick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Tools PS7000 Counter Rotating Polisher: Innovation or Gimmick?

I saw a commercial for this new polisher on the Velocity Channel last night

Unfortunately, the product's website is not really forthcoming with the details, so I'm left with little impression on the advantage of a counter-rotating pad. The commercial promotes the idea that the counter rotating pads stabilize the tool. The disadvantages are immediately apparent. Unique pads and backing plate limits the buyer to proprietary offerings only from the manufacturer. After not being able to get much detail of the tool from it's own website, I was able to locate a copy of the owner's manual at http://www.dualtools.com/download/DU...ew-12-6-13.pdf. The no-load RPM speed settings (700-3200) identifies this polisher as a forced rotation (rotary) polisher, lending some credence to the manufacturer's claim that the counter-rotating pads help to cancel out the clockwise spin of a traditional rotary polisher.

Has anyone tried this polisher?

Re: Dual Tools PS7000 Counter Rotating Polisher: Innovation or Gimmick?

Interesting.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');