• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DUB Line - Wheel Cleaner quik review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DUB Line - Wheel Cleaner quik review

Tried out the new DUB color changing wheel cleaner for the 1st time today.

Innitial thoughts: Holy **** this stuff smells strong and borderline hazardous! Lol. My guess is there's no way to make this stuff unscented.. Cuz if they could, they would. Instead they call it these fumes "Pina Caliente"
    Do your best not to inhale.. I don't need my rims to smell great, so whatever:p

Ok, now to the pros:
    1. Wheel doesn't have to be pre rinsed.
    2. It's safe for all types of rims so it's foolproof.
    3. It changes colors. If you want to look "cool" in front of anyone watching you detail your car.. I couldn't care less, Just leave me in peace while I'm in my "theraputic" mode. Lol.

Tried it on the dirtiest rim availiable, my mothers front wheel on a Chevy Trailblazer. These rims almost never get cleaned. Caked on brake dust.

Sprays on green, then turns red a couple minutes later.. [this is where you look cool in front of your gf or maybe scare your mom for a sec. and say "oh my goodness! I wasn't sure if i'd be safe on your kind of rims! Look what just happened! They're ruined"!] Lol.

Comment

Sorry, wrong pic...

Comment

Comment

Here's what it looked like with just a spray with the water hose. Wasn't expecting it to completly clean such caked on grime, but I wanted to see what it could do on its own.

Comment

Sprayed on a bit more and went over it with a soft wheel brush. Cleaned off easily, as expected. New looking rim.
            Does the DUB perform like a Meguiars product should? Yes.
            Would I recommend? Sure.
            Anyone else tried this new DUB Cleaner lately?

Comment

Re: DUB Line - Wheel Cleaner quik review

I have used it about a month ago. It works as advertised. I have a little bit left. I do like it because it's only a wheel cleaner and not a tire cleaner. So it preserves your tire dressing. Sometimes some D143 overspray can get on the tire when you don't want it to. I would buy it again but I just got more D143.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

After writing a full review the app wouldn't let me post it.

I'll just post my quick opinion here.

I don't think it worked any better then meguiars all wheel cleaner. I would recommend the all wheel cleaner over this because it's faster to use and is not messy like this product.

I wouldn't recommend this product but I also wouldn't steer someone away from it.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');