• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to detailing, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New to detailing, need help

Originally posted by MTLian View Post
    I would recommend using M205 or swirlX to get rid of swirls, not a compound. Aside from M105, Ultimate compound is one of the most aggressive compounds Meguiars offers and I think that's too much for what you want to do. I would also get 2 grit guards rather than one since you should wash with the two bucket technique.

beats me why you wanna load up with a huge bunch of just Meguiar's products from the states when you can order from eshine.ca and have a selection of many different products. Many meguiars stuff you are ordering can be found locally anyway. Whatever floats your boat!

P.S. If you refuse the package, you still won't be refunded the products.
    because I don't know the other products and its easy with meguiars to understand what each product does and I can ask for help on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by JoeDemers View Post
      Can I just buy the sponge instead of clay? I found a blue and red sponge, I guess I should buy the blue one since its milder than the red one
      I would pick up 1 blue sponge so you can give it a try but keep the clay kit. I still use clay once in awhile and most of the time I use the nanoskin sponge because it saves me time since I don't have to keep kneading the clay. This is the one you want
      DP Detailing Products - 25% Off Over $50! - Welcome to the next game changer in car care: DP Detailing Products! Car care you can trust when every detail counts In the spring of 1998, the team at Autogeek developed a new line of products, now ...

Personally, I went with M205 Finishing polish rather than the ultimate polish. From what I can gather, Ultimate polish has limited correction ability. I might also drop the Ultimate compound. I bought some because I have a 2007 car with medium paint problems like scratches and scuffs that I will have to repair. If your car is brand spanking new, I'd hold out on the compound. It's easy to find at Canadian tire. I would order the M205 though which is a milder polish that still has some correction ability as that cannot be found at CT.
      UP has some nice correcting ability. If your car is in good shape it will get the job done. I have both M205 and UP. Most of the time I go with M205 because it's so versatile. UC/UP are good products to learn with and get your technique down. Then you can move up to the pro line. I would still pick up UC just in case you do need it. Plus it's cheap. Your call. You will be happy with either one. A test spot will tell you how the paint reacts

Sorry I can't edit my last post. For the black trim protector, I was planning to buy Ultimate black plastic restorer but then I saw ultimate protectant spray which can be use for interior and exterior so should I but this one instead of Ultimate black AND quick interior detailer?

thanks and for the black trim? can I just buy one product that is good for both interior and exterior? The only black trim I have are my mirrors and rear diffuser
      I have both ultimate black and ultimate protectant. They are similar products but I am testing out ultimate black to see if it lasts longer than ultimate protectant. It's about 3 weeks and it still looks good. You could use ultimate protectant on the exterior. In my opinion you would be ok with ultimate protectant. You want to clean the area real good with an all purpose cleaner so it bonds better to the trim.

Something went wrong with my last post. So here's my final cart http://imageshack.com/a/img845/1456/01qp.png

still waiting for murr's answer before placing my final order. I keep the UC because I made a nice swirl marks and want to remove it.

I'm not sur about the black trim restorer, should I buy one for interior, one for exterior or I can just buy one that do both? Oh and maybe this sponge http://www.autogeek.net/nanoskin-spe...nge-combo.html instead of the clay kit...
      I answered it up above. If you go with just the sponge you need some clay lube so keep that in mind.

You could save some money by getting the meguiar's grit guard. I just picked up 2 more.
      Professional Grit Guard - Keep grit off your mitt! The Professional Grit Guard sits in the bottom of your car wash bucket to stabilize the water and trap dirt in the bottom. Scrub your wash mitt against the grid to release dirt and grit. It falls ...

I would also pick up another pack of foam applicator pads and remove the even coat applicators.

If you are looking for two DA kits these are the 2 I would consider. I have a PC and 5.5" pads work best to take advantage of the machines power. If you get one of these you can remove UC and M205 from your cart since both kits come with M105/M205.
      Meguiars MT300 Ultra Polish Kit with 5.5 Inch Pads - Bring your paint back to life! Meguiars MT300 Ultra Polish Kit with 5.5 Inch Pads removes swirls with a highly effective combination of Meguiars #105 and #205 polishes and compact foam pads. ...

Buffing & Polishing Kits - Purchasing a car care kit offers several benefits: You save time picking out individual items, you get the precise products that you need for your project, and you save lots of money! Pre-packaged buffing pad kits are no ...

You will also need a brush to clean your pads.
      See why Meguiar’s has been a trusted car care company for more than 120 years by shopping an authorized selection of products to treat any motorized vehicle.

I would recommend using M205 or swirlX to get rid of swirls, not a compound. Aside from M105, Ultimate compound is one of the most aggressive compounds Meguiars offers and I think that's too much for what you want to do. I would also get 2 grit guards rather than one since you should wash with the two bucket technique.

beats me why you wanna load up with a huge bunch of just Meguiar's products from the states when you can order from eshine.ca and have a selection of many different products. Many meguiars stuff you are ordering can be found locally anyway. Whatever floats your boat!

P.S. If you refuse the package, you still won't be refunded the products.
      That is why you do a test spot with the least aggressive product whether he gets UP or M205. If he needs more correction then he can use UC or M105. Again this is a meguiar's forum so he will get a lot of recommendations on meguiar's products. Pretty straight forward on why.

It beats me when someone comes on this forum asking about non meguiar's products when autogeek would be a better place. Just my 2 cents.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
        I would pick up 1 blue sponge so you can give it a try but keep the clay kit. I still use clay once in awhile and most of the time I use the nanoskin sponge because it saves me time since I don't have to keep kneading the clay. This is the one you want
        DP Detailing Products - 25% Off Over $50! - Welcome to the next game changer in car care: DP Detailing Products! Car care you can trust when every detail counts In the spring of 1998, the team at Autogeek developed a new line of products, now ...

UP has some nice correcting ability. If your car is in good shape it will get the job done. I have both M205 and UP. Most of the time I go with M205 because it's so versatile. UC/UP are good products to learn with and get your technique down. Then you can move up to the pro line. I would still pick up UC just in case you do need it. Plus it's cheap. Your call. You will be happy with either one. A test spot will tell you how the paint reacts

I have both ultimate black and ultimate protectant. They are similar products but I am testing out ultimate black to see if it lasts longer than ultimate protectant. It's about 3 weeks and it still looks good. You could use ultimate protectant on the exterior. In my opinion you would be ok with ultimate protectant. You want to clean the area real good with an all purpose cleaner so it bonds better to the trim.

I answered it up above. If you go with just the sponge you need some clay lube so keep that in mind.

You could save some money by getting the meguiar's grit guard. I just picked up 2 more.
        Professional Grit Guard - Keep grit off your mitt! The Professional Grit Guard sits in the bottom of your car wash bucket to stabilize the water and trap dirt in the bottom. Scrub your wash mitt against the grid to release dirt and grit. It falls ...

I would also pick up another pack of foam applicator pads and remove the even coat applicators.

If you are looking for two DA kits these are the 2 I would consider. I have a PC and 5.5" pads work best to take advantage of the machines power. If you get one of these you can remove UC and M205 from your cart since both kits come with M105/M205.
        Meguiars MT300 Ultra Polish Kit with 5.5 Inch Pads - Bring your paint back to life! Meguiars MT300 Ultra Polish Kit with 5.5 Inch Pads removes swirls with a highly effective combination of Meguiars #105 and #205 polishes and compact foam pads. ...

Buffing & Polishing Kits - Purchasing a car care kit offers several benefits: You save time picking out individual items, you get the precise products that you need for your project, and you save lots of money! Pre-packaged buffing pad kits are no ...

You will also need a brush to clean your pads.
        See why Meguiar’s has been a trusted car care company for more than 120 years by shopping an authorized selection of products to treat any motorized vehicle.

That is why you do a test spot with the least aggressive product whether he gets UP or M205. If he needs more correction then he can use UC or M105. Again this is a meguiar's forum so he will get a lot of recommendations on meguiar's products. Pretty straight forward on why.

It beats me when someone comes on this forum asking about non meguiar's products when autogeek would be a better place. Just my 2 cents.
        Wow thanks buddy for all the advice. So I add another pack of foam applicator, remove the even coat applicator pads.

So right now I'm planning to buy:

Wash mitt
        water magnet towel (1 unit)
        MF supreme shine (1 pack of 3)
        2 pack of foam applicator
        2 grit guard
        gold class shampoo & conditioner
        NXT 2.0 wax
        ultimate quick wax
        Ultimate compound
        Ultimate polish or M205, which one should I buy?
        Ultimate protectant
        Clay kit
        nanoskin blue sponge

as for the cleaning brush for pads, do I need it if I dont buy a DA (already have 150$ of product to order, I want to start by hand to see if i'm satisfy with the result I get and since my car is new I dont really need the power of a DA to remove defects)? Other than that, do I need something else?

thnaks a lot

Comment

Thank you for being captain obvious. Take a look at his car, it's as if he just drove it home from the dealer. I explained why I use UC and why he should at least try a polish first. If his brand new toyota paint doesn't get corrected with some UP or M205 then be my guest and compound the whole car. However, from what the OP said, it seemed like compound was to aggressive product.

i post here because I like and use Meguiars products and detailing in general. Don't think it's unusual to recommend trying other lines as well to compliment a very good line of products. Also, Meguiars is not readily available in Canada and that's no fault of mine, so I buy the meguiars when I can find it and use other product lines available in Canada to fill in the gaps. And guess what, other high quality products exist outside of Meg's. You know it cos you use them.

Comment

Wow thanks buddy for all the advice. So I add another pack of foam applicator, remove the even coat applicator pads.

Wash mitt
            2 grit guard
            NXT 2.0 wax
            ultimate quick wax
            Ultimate compound
            Ultimate protectant
            Clay kit
            nanoskin blue sponge

as for the cleaning brush for pads, do I need it if I dont buy a DA (already have 150$ of product to order, I want to start by hand to see if i'm satisfy with the result I get and since my car is new I dont really need the power of a DA to remove defects)? Other than that, do I need something else?

thnaks a lot
            I really recommend getting the Porter Cable polisher. Detailing by hand is looong backbreaking work. Even with a machine, a thorough cleaning, claying, polishing, cleaning, buffing etc can take the better part of a whole weekend. You can try by hand but I think you will quickly realise that it is so long, 150$ is peanuts for a machine that will cut down your working time by 5x or more. Hand polishing or buffing is still necessary for hard to reach and non flat surfaces like door handles.

I might reduce some products to save money and invest in a porter cable and some pads. I think you'll enjoy it more than working by hand and although it's a big initial investment but these products will last for at least a few years since you don't need to polish or compound or clay your car every weekend.

I might skip on the Nanoskin pad since it is expensive and you already have clay. Maybe it's a great product, I can't say, I've never used it.

Most people clean their DA pads with a toothbrush. I think in your case, some water and some dawn will probably do the trick. The special pad cleaning tool is specifically designed for use on a machine pad and would be awkward to use on hand applicators. Worse comes to worse buy a toothbrush (make sure it's a meguiars toothbrush though )

I strongly recommend buying the M205 since it is not available in most stores in Canada. As Guz said, in an ideal world you'll have a whole collection of dozens of bottles of compounds and polishes ranging from very agressive to fine polishing and select exactly the one you need. Since you are starting out I recommend the M205 since it offers more correction than UP. If ever you decide to buy the UP, you can always walk into a canadian tire and they'll gladly sell you a bottle of UP. Like Guz said, ideally, you get both and test them to see which reacts best and go with the one that gives the best results but since you are trying to keep costs at a minimum, I'd say go with the m205.

i think you'll have better luck correcting swirls with the M205 than the UP, however, I can't know sitting here in my kitchen! It could be that UP is just the right amount of correction you need or even that M205 is too mild and you need to step up to a compound to correct the defects. The only way is to do a test spot and try to use milder techniques first and ramping up the level of abrasiveness until you get the results you want.

meguiars has a product called hyper dressing. I think it can be used for black trim as well as wheels. I haven't used it but maybe someone can chime in and say if it might be the versatile product JoeD is looking for.

Comment

I really recommend getting the Porter Cable polisher. Detailing by hand is looong backbreaking work. Even with a machine, a thorough cleaning, claying, polishing, cleaning, buffing etc can take the better part of a whole weekend. You can try by hand but I think you will quickly realise that it is so long, 150$ is peanuts for a machine that will cut down your working time by 5x or more. Hand polishing or buffing is still necessary for hard to reach and non flat surfaces like door handles.

I might reduce some products to save money and invest in a porter cable and some pads. I think you'll enjoy it more than working by hand and although it's a big initial investment but these products will last for at least a few years since you don't need to polish or compound or clay your car every weekend.

I might skip on the Nanoskin pad since it is expensive and you already have clay. Maybe it's a great product, I can't say, I've never used it.

Most people clean their DA pads with a toothbrush. I think in your case, some water and some dawn will probably do the trick. The special pad cleaning tool is specifically designed for use on a machine pad and would be awkward to use on hand applicators. Worse comes to worse buy a toothbrush (make sure it's a meguiars toothbrush though )

I strongly recommend buying the M205 since it is not available in most stores in Canada. As Guz said, in an ideal world you'll have a whole collection of dozens of bottles of compounds and polishes ranging from very agressive to fine polishing and select exactly the one you need. Since you are starting out I recommend the M205 since it offers more correction than UP. If ever you decide to buy the UP, you can always walk into a canadian tire and they'll gladly sell you a bottle of UP. Like Guz said, ideally, you get both and test them to see which reacts best and go with the one that gives the best results but since you are trying to keep costs at a minimum, I'd say go with the m205.

i think you'll have better luck correcting swirls with the M205 than the UP, however, I can't know sitting here in my kitchen! It could be that UP is just the right amount of correction you need or even that M205 is too mild and you need to step up to a compound to correct the defects. The only way is to do a test spot and try to use milder techniques first and ramping up the level of abrasiveness until you get the results you want.

meguiars has a product called hyper dressing. I think it can be used for black trim as well as wheels. I haven't used it but maybe someone can chime in and say if it might be the versatile product JoeD is looking for.
              Thanks that is exactly what I was thinking.... Maybe I should cut down and buy the basics stuff for now and buy a PC polisher. But I still need all those MF towels, foam applicator etc....

what do you think of a kit including a PC polisher, M205, wash soap, wax and quick wax and ultimate protectant? I also found this http://www.detailersdomain.com/NanoS...Kit_p_697.html i can use it with the DA without having to buy the clay kit and it will last longer

Comment

Thanks that is exactly what I was thinking.... Maybe I should cut down and buy the basics stuff for now and buy a PC polisher. But I still need all those MF towels, foam applicator etc....

what do you think of a kit including a PC polisher, M205, wash soap, wax and quick wax and ultimate protectant? I also found this http://www.detailersdomain.com/NanoS...Kit_p_697.html i can use it with the DA without having to buy the clay kit and it will last longer
                for washing you need:
                2 buckets and 2 grit guards
                wash mitt or mitts. I use the simoniz wash mitts, they are much higher quality than the towels and you can get a pack of three. I like the idea of having a few wash mitts because if you get oil or something really nasty stuck on your mitt, it's nice to be able to continue with a clean mitt. If you only had one, you'd be stuck.
                buy the auto shampoo you like. Meg's gold class is great and good value.

For prep you need:
                clay. 20$ for the Meg's clay kit is good value. It's more expensive here in Quebec so I buy a different brand to get more clay. Don't go without the clay, you'll see you'll love it. It could be that you get some nasty tar stuck on your nice mags. If you go rubbing like a maniac with a wash mitt and actually succeed at dislodging the tar, it'll get stuck in your mitt and scratch the heck out of your rims! Any contaminant that I can't clean with an effortless pass of my wash mitt, I leave for after and I just use clay and it comes right off with no damage! If you want to stay in the Meguiars range, you can buy rinseless wash and wax and dilute it to make clay lube. I say this because if find using a lot of lubricant helps making claying easier and you'll run through an expensive bottle of quick detailer in no time so I like to mix my own. You can get empty spray bottles (not the best quality) at canadian tire (or ask Joey the detailer).

it is very possible that you can skip claying altogether and go right to polishing if you are confident the paint is free of contaminants (by doing the shopping bag test).

polishing:
                inspect the paint and only polish it if it has swirls or defects that are important enough to detract from the shine of the car. Of you want to polish but there are no swirls, you might want to use a light product like Ultimate Polish. If the paint is ok go right to a cleaner wax.

the meguiars applicators look really nice and cannot be bought at canadian tire (I don't think). I'd pick some up for small hand work here and there. I wouldn't worry too much about applicator pads because you should get some pads for use with your porter cable. Those pads will be your main means of applying polishes and waxes. The backing plate and a set of 3 pads should get you started and run about 40$.

I use Klasse all in one and sealant glaze as paint sealant but other users have recommended Meguiars equivalents to the Klasse. Check out my thread "newbie spring detail" and you'll find Guz's reference to the Meg's products.

i know you find it's expensive but I find that it's worth going with quality from the get go. Lower quality products are not fun to work with and often yield less desirable results. You'll find you've wasted your money when you seek to replace second rate products with quality. With Meguiar's you can't go wrong and it's a great starting point for building a detailing arsenal that is both easy and fun to use and that yields great results. Of course there's work involved but that work can be easy and fun rather than hard and a nuisance!

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much about applicator pads because you should get some pads for use with your porter cable. Those pads will be your main means of applying polishes and waxes. The backing plate and a set of 3 pads should get you started and run about 40$.
                  what kind of pads I need? I saw different colors and size so i'm not sure which one I need. I also saw different texture like the flat ones or the ones with tiny holes.

If the paint is ok go right to a cleaner wax.
                  Cleaner wax? Like colorX or white wax?

Comment

what kind of pads I need? I saw different colors and size so i'm not sure which one I need. I also saw different texture like the flat ones or the ones with tiny holes.

Cleaner wax? Like colorX or white wax?

For pads, I chose a orange cutting pad for use with aggressive compounds, a white polishing pad for polishing and a black finishing pad for apply wax. Asian cars usually have soft paint so it's good to go with less aggressive products if possible but you never know, it could be your model car has super hard paint, you have to try some products and find out what works and what doesn't. There are different choices of pads but you should get one of each: cutting for aggressive correction, polishing for polishing and finishing for a lighter polishing touch or to apply waxes and sealants. Since I ordered my stuff from eShine.ca I called them up and they recommended which pads I should get for my Honda.

I decided to go with flat pads as I read that certain pros like that because of it's greater contact surface. I can't give you the pros and cons of the CCS pads so the Guz (the "other guy" in detailing 101) will have to chime in

Like I said, I use Klasse but meguiars offers different sealants. One is M21, which seals the paint and offers protection. Or NXT but the NXT is available at Canadian tire so I'd stick with products you can't find in Quebec, such as the "M" / pro line of Meguiars products.

Comment

Like I said, I use Klasse but meguiars offers different sealants. One is M21, which seals the paint and offers protection. Or NXT but the NXT is available at Canadian tire so I'd stick with products you can't find in Quebec, such as the "M" / pro line of Meguiars products.
                      Do I still need wax if I buy M21?

Comment

I agree that a DA is a worthwhile investment. If you can not budget it right now you could get it late. There is also the DA power system that you can use with a drill. It uses 4" pads. I don't personally own it but it gets good reviews. If you do this by hand schedule a couple days to do it. I would recommend you not clay the entire car just in case you don't have time but rather divide it into different panels. For example, wash the car, clay the hood and fender, polish hood and fenders and seal/wax. Just take your time.

Wash mitt
                        2 grit guard
                        NXT 2.0 wax
                        ultimate quick wax
                        Ultimate compound
                        Ultimate protectant
                        Clay kit
                        nanoskin blue sponge

thnaks a lot
                        You don't need the brush. That is only if you have a DA and pads. You have a good list. You could drop the sponge if you want to save some cash. I'm an avid M205 user and that's my go to. I still have ultimate polish but I would go with M205 due to it being so versatile.

Do I still need wax if I buy M21?
                        M21 is often referred to as the professional version of NXT 2.0. So to answer your question if you get M21 you don't need wax because M21 is a sealant.

I'm an enthusiast I will give you my recommendations on consumer products that I have used and pro product I currently use. I started off with the ultimate line and branched to the pro line. I get good results with both set ups. Both can be used by hand or DA. Hope this helps.

I didn't include the 2 meguiar's grit guards, foam applicators, microfiber towels, wash mit that I have. Do you need all of these product? of course not. This is just my personal collection that has grown.

Consumer products :
                        Soap - Gold Class
                        Clay - Clay kit
                        Compound - Ultimate compound
                        Polish - Ultimate polish
                        Sealant - ultimate wax. As I stated UW is the longest lasting wax currently offered.
                        Spray wax - ultimate spray wax ( I use the pro version now)
                        Spray detailer - ultimate quik detailer ( I use the pro version now)
                        Cleaner Wax (optional) - colorx or white wax. I use either of these for quik details and top with UW or M21.
                        Trim - Ultimate protectant or ultimate black. Similar product and both seem to work the same.
                        Tire dressing - Ultimate tire coating (own it but I haven't had the chance to use it)
                        Wheel & tre claner - All wheel and tire cleaner (I use the pro version now)
                        Interior - Ultimate protectant + quik interior detailer on rubber and plastic. Leather gets the leather sealer system

Pro Products:
                        Soap -D111 Shampoo Plus
                        Clay Lube - D155 Last touch (can be used straight as a QD or diluted for clay lube)
                        Clay - C2000 Mild clay
                        Compound - M105
                        Polish - M205
                        Sealant - M21 (pro version of M21)
                        Carnauba Wax - M26
                        Spray wax - D156 (pro version of ultimate quik wax)
                        Spray detailer - M135 (pro version of ultimate quik detailer)
                        Trim - I still use ultimate black and for those hard to reach areas I will use D4510 plastic & vinyl coating
                        Tire dressing - D163 tire & trim gel
                        Wheel & tre claner -D143 non-acid wheel & tire cleaner
                        Interior - Ultimate protectant + quik interior detailer on rubber and plastic. Leather gets the leather sealer system
                        Misc - D101 APC+ (gallon size discontinued) D101 APC is still available.
                        99 Grand Prix
                        02 Camaro SS

Comment

I agree that a DA is a worthwhile investment. If you can not budget it right now you could get it late. There is also the DA power system that you can use with a drill. It uses 4" pads. I don't personally own it but it gets good reviews. If you do this by hand schedule a couple days to do it. I would recommend you not clay the entire car just in case you don't have time but rather divide it into different panels. For example, wash the car, clay the hood and fender, polish hood and fenders and seal/wax. Just take your time.

You don't need the brush. That is only if you have a DA and pads. You have a good list. You could drop the sponge if you want to save some cash. I'm an avid M205 user and that's my go to. I still have ultimate polish but I would go with M205 due to it being so versatile.

M21 is often referred to as the professional version of NXT 2.0. So to answer your question if you get M21 you don't need wax because M21 is a sealant.

I'm an enthusiast I will give you my recommendations on consumer products that I have used and pro product I currently use. I started off with the ultimate line and branched to the pro line. I get good results with both set ups. Both can be used by hand or DA. Hope this helps.

I didn't include the 2 meguiar's grit guards, foam applicators, microfiber towels, wash mit that I have. Do you need all of these product? of course not. This is just my personal collection that has grown.

Consumer products :
                          Soap - Gold Class
                          Clay - Clay kit
                          Compound - Ultimate compound
                          Polish - Ultimate polish
                          Sealant - ultimate wax. As I stated UW is the longest lasting wax currently offered.
                          Spray wax - ultimate spray wax ( I use the pro version now)
                          Spray detailer - ultimate quik detailer ( I use the pro version now)
                          Cleaner Wax (optional) - colorx or white wax. I use either of these for quik details and top with UW or M21.
                          Trim - Ultimate protectant or ultimate black. Similar product and both seem to work the same.
                          Tire dressing - Ultimate tire coating (own it but I haven't had the chance to use it)
                          Wheel & tre claner - All wheel and tire cleaner (I use the pro version now)

Pro Products:
                          Soap -D111 Shampoo Plus
                          Clay Lube - D155 Last touch (can be used straight as a QD or diluted for clay lube)
                          Clay - C2000 Mild clay
                          Compound - M105
                          Polish - M205
                          Sealant - M21 (pro version of M21)
                          Carnauba Wax - M26
                          Spray wax - D156 (pro version of ultimate quik wax)
                          Spray detailer - M135 (pro version of ultimate quik detailer)
                          Trim - I still use ultimate black and for those hard to reach areas I will use D4510 plastic & vinyl coating
                          Tire dressing - D163 tire & trim gel
                          Wheel & tre claner -D143 non-acid wheel & tire cleaner
                          Misc - D101 APC+ (gallon size discontinued) D101 APC is still available.
                          As a beginner and new to detailing, do you think I should start with the consumer line first then get the pro line?

Comment

You will be happy with this set.

Soap - Gold class or D111 shampoo plus (whichever is in stock and is more cost effective is what I would get)
                            Compound - UC
                            Polish - M205
                            Sealant - M21 or Ultimate wax (either one is great) The M21/M26 combo is amazing.
                            Carnabua wax - M26
                            Spray Wax - Ultimate Quik Wax
                            Spray detailer - Ultimate Quik Detailer
                            Clay - Meguiar's Clay kit
                            Trim - Ultimate protectant (saves you money because it can be used inside and outside)
                            Wheel & Tire Cleaner - All wheel and tire cleaner. Good for cleaning the tires and applying dressing. Your wheels are probably clean so soap and water would be good

Tire Dressing - This is really up to you.

If you like a gel type you can use endura gel (very glossy) Just be sure to wipe off the excess or it will sling. http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...ereg-tire-gel/
                            My brother likes hot shine tire spray. He sprays it on a tire applicator and wipes it on. Same thing wipe off the excess to avoid sling http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...re-spray-24oz/

If you like aerosol you can try the new ultimate black coating. This is brand new for 2014 http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...-tire-coating/
                            99 Grand Prix
                            02 Camaro SS

Comment

You will be happy with this set.

Soap - Gold class or D111 shampoo plus (whichever is in stock and is more cost effective is what I would get)
                              Compound - UC
                              Polish - M205
                              Sealant - M21 or Ultimate wax (either one is great) The M21/M26 combo is amazing.
                              Carnabua wax - M26
                              Spray Wax - Ultimate Quik Wax
                              Spray detailer - Ultimate Quik Detailer
                              Clay - Meguiar's Clay kit
                              Trim - Ultimate protectant (saves you money because it can be used inside and outside)
                              Wheel & Tire Cleaner - All wheel and tire cleaner. Good for cleaning the tires and applying dressing. Your wheels are probably clean so soap and water would be good

Tire Dressing - This is really up to you.

If you like a gel type you can use endura gel (very glossy) Just be sure to wipe off the excess or it will sling. http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...ereg-tire-gel/
                              My brother likes hot shine tire spray. He sprays it on a tire applicator and wipes it on. Same thing wipe off the excess to avoid sling http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...re-spray-24oz/

If you like aerosol you can try the new ultimate black coating. This is brand new for 2014 http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...-tire-coating/
                              what is the utility of quick detailer? I'm not going to a car show and wash my car every 1-2 weeks. Quick detailer is just to clean your car in between wash right? If so then I will not need it

Comment

Compound - UC
                                Why UC instead of the M105? I thought M105/M205 was a great combo

Carnabua wax - M26
                                Paste or liquid?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');