• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to detailing, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New to detailing, need help

I also found a PC polisher that comes with 5 pads. http://www.autogeek.net/hk7424.html

which one should I get? The orange, grey, white I guess and....?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeDemers View Post
      Why UC instead of the M105? I thought M105/M205 was a great combo

Paste or liquid?
      M105/M205 is a nice combo. M105 has a slight learning curve and since you are doing spot correction UC will be more than enough. It is essentially derived from M105. Although I'm pretty sure you can pick up learning how to use M105 with some research. You could pick up an 8 oz size to try it out.

For M26 I use liquid. I sometimes apply it by DA.

I also found a PC polisher that comes with 5 pads. http://www.autogeek.net/hk7424.html

which one should I get? The orange, grey, white I guess and....?
      That's a nice kit. With that kit I would go 2 orange, 2 white and 1 grey.

How about this kit? Only thing you would need are some white polishing pads.

Autogeek is your number one car care source for auto detailing supplies, the best car wax, car care products, car polishes, auto accessories, polishers, and car detailing tools store.

CCS Smart Pads Dual Action 5.5 Inch Foam Pads - All the benefits of CCS Technology packed into low profile 5.5 inch pads. The CCS Smart Pads Dual Action 5.5 inch Professional Foam Pads are smaller versions of our 6.5 inch DA foam pads. The low ...
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
        Why don't you use the DA for everything? Is it better to do all correction jobs with the DA like compounding, polishing and apply wax by hand?

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
          M105/M205 is a nice combo. M105 has a slight learning curve and since you are doing spot correction UC will be more than enough. It is essentially derived from M105. Although I'm pretty sure you can pick up learning how to use M105 with some research. You could pick up an 8 oz size to try it out.

That's a nice kit. With that kit I would go 2 orange, 2 white and 1 grey.

How about this kit? Only thing you would need are some white polishing pads.

Autogeek is your number one car care source for auto detailing supplies, the best car wax, car care products, car polishes, auto accessories, polishers, and car detailing tools store.

http://www.autogeek.net/ccs-5-5inch-...fing-pads.html
          The 5.5" are better than the 6.5"? That is better between CCS pads and flat pads? Also, can I use 5" backing plate with 5.5"? I read that the best for 5.5" is the 4.75" backing plate but since the kit comes with the 5" plate and 5.5" pads I should be fine....

Comment

Why don't you use the DA for everything? Is it better to do all correction jobs with the DA like compounding, polishing and apply wax by hand?
            Sometimes I like to apply wax by hand. Also the DA can't get into every place. On a large panels like a hood, roof or doors I go with the DA. Smaller area's I do by hand.

The 5.5" are better than the 6.5"? That is better between CCS pads and flat pads? Also, can I use 5" backing plate with 5.5"? I read that the best for 5.5" is the 4.75" backing plate but since the kit comes with the 5" plate and 5.5" pads I should be fine....
            5.5" pads use the porter cables power better. Less rotation mass. Either pad is fine. They both work with meguiar's products really well. Yes a 5" backing plate works with 5.5" pads. The kit has everything you need.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Just wondering if you ever made your purchase?
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');