• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's black, it's neglected...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's black, it's neglected...

It's the biggest PITA in the world! I was tasked by a neighbor with a mini restoration on the beat up 94 Mustang GT. Some clean failure on the hood, repaint needed on both bumpers. All of the other painted surfaces were perfect for full (or close) correction. Started with sanding, 1500 up to 3000. V36 then V38 on HexLogic pads on a Rupes 21.

This paint was down right rough.

I definitely had my work cut out for me. Think it could be saved???

Sanded, leveled, polished. Pre LSP.

The best 50/50 I have.

Everyone is my teacher. Some I seek. Some I subconsciously attract. Often I learn simply by observing others. Some may be completely unaware that I'm learning from them, yet I bow deeply in gratitude.

Re: It's black, it's neglected...

Umm....that might be one of the best 50/50 shots i've seen. You definitely make me want to find the most neglected car and see how I can transform it...haha Nice job!
    How long did it take you?

Comment

Yeah that's a very impressive 50/50.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

That inspires me to take my DA to my mothers midnight blue Chevy Trailblazer, just to see how much of a difference I can make on a panel

Comment

Originally posted by benbjam View Post
          Umm....that might be one of the best 50/50 shots i've seen. You definitely make me want to find the most neglected car and see how I can transform it...haha Nice job!
          How long did it take you?
          Thanks! I learned on junk yard cars - got me wet sanding very early in my career. I have a good total of about 100 hours in the paint work alone. Interior will get a full teardown and clean, so probably another 20 hours.

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
          Yeah that's a very impressive 50/50.
          Thanks!

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
          That inspires me to take my DA to my mothers midnight blue Chevy Trailblazer, just to see how much of a difference I can make on a panel
          I'm here to inspire! Get to buffin!
          Everyone is my teacher. Some I seek. Some I subconsciously attract. Often I learn simply by observing others. Some may be completely unaware that I'm learning from them, yet I bow deeply in gratitude.

Comment

That is downright amazing, I love seeing turnarounds like this!

Awesome Job!

Comment

@Austin. I didn't let the spur of the moment inspiration go to waste.. I'll post a thread because it went alot further than 1 panel.

Thanks 4 the inspiration/good luck, or whatever good vibes you passed along.. Because I had some awesome results!

Comment

So now that it's been a while ... how does the finished project look!?!?!
                Don
                12/27/2015
                "Darth Camaro"
                2013 Camaro ... triple black
                323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');