• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guz so to make sure I understand your steps here and to also try the same, I would... Apply UW, let it cure around 12 hours, then #7, and finally #26? Do I need to let anytime pass between #7 and #26? Is it typical that glaze (pure polish) is applied after a synthetic wax is laid down?

Comment

Re: My 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix

Originally posted by drum1026 View Post
      Guz so to make sure I understand your steps here and to also try the same, I would... Apply UW, let it cure around 12 hours, then #7, and finally #26?
      Yeah this is the way I used all three products.

Do I need to let anytime pass between #7 and #26?
      You can apply M26 over M7 with no wait time.

Is it typical that glaze (pure polish) is applied after a synthetic wax is laid down?
      I've read different things on different forums about a glaze. Autogeek has a chart showing a glaze first then a sealant or wax or both on top of it. Over on the Adam's forums it is recommended to use a sealant, glaze and wax. So I went with this method as I have used Adam's in the past and it's always worked for me using this method. In addition to that I had already used M205 to polish and remove some minor defects and the way I see it is M205 left enough polishing oils behind. Hope this makes sense.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thank you again Guz. It makes perfect sense. I'm anxious to try now.

Comment

A quick update. I gave the car a 2 bucket wash today. Here's a photo of ultimate wax 4 months after application. M26 has seen it's end of life within these 4 months. The car get's D156 once a month and has seen either received a 2 bucket wash or a rinseless wash. UW is still beading and sheeting nicely. It got D156 today after washing.

99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Here's the video from that day. Enjoy the sheeting of Ultimate Wax.

99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

That's just amazing. Good work there buddy!

Comment

Thanks. The sheeting alone is worth it with UW.
                99 Grand Prix
                02 Camaro SS

Comment

I agree, but the sheeting u got going on is ridiculous tho.

Comment

I like the picture of the three overhead lights in the reflection, she looks flawless.

Comment

Fantastic, man! The first car I ever test drove at the dealer, was a 97 Grand Prix GT, red.... I still have the brochure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarhead0754 View Post
                        I agree, but the sheeting u got going on is ridiculous tho.
                        I was impressed as well. Especially after this many months.

Originally posted by Tim909 View Post
                        I like the picture of the three overhead lights in the reflection, she looks flawless.
                        I got it as flawless as I could. M205 does such a great job.

Originally posted by drumdan View Post
                        Fantastic, man! The first car I ever test drove at the dealer, was a 97 Grand Prix GT, red.... I still have the brochure.
                        Thanks. These cars still look great today.
                        99 Grand Prix
                        02 Camaro SS

Comment

I detailed the interior this past weekend.

Used one of these. These work very well.

The interior received some Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer (used for it's light cleaning ability) and topped with Maguiar's Natural Shine for more added protection.

Natural shine does not leave the interior looking overly glossy. It darkens it just a bit. I will be doing a review on ultimate protectant next time for new members looking for a difference in protectants.

50/50 shots

Left side nothing, Right Side Natural Shine

Finished shot

Leather received a treatment of Meguiar's Leather Sealer System. This is the original leather in the car.

Airing out after using the Air Refresher.

Lloyd mats were vacuumed and cleaned with Meguiar's D102 Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner and a brush. I need a new set considering how faded these have gotten.

The driver side cleaned up rather well.

99 Grand Prix
                          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Love the Interior, Got her looking great my friend!!
                            ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
                            You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
                            Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Thanks.
                              99 Grand Prix
                              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Very nice results you got there, it sure is neat seeing water sheeting off like that. Natural Shine I have always liked using on the dash.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');